How to tell cubase that it chose the wrong file

Ah cubase… Mein problemkind…

How can i tell cubase that it chose the wrong file …

(Moved projects from wrong save folder to correct one,
.-cubase likes to switch my default save folder for tracks sometimes, and im stuck with a file mess over multiple partitions)

So i manually moved projects, backed up projects and resaved projects to where they belong…

Now cubase plays some projects with the wrong audio files.

I can see which audio files cubase “speculated” on and messed up in the audio pool window…

Is there any way that i can tell it: “hey! , thats the wrong file. The correct file is here!” ?

Thx:)

cubase uses a default file naming mask or you can choose custom names. either use custom names when saving or do proper file structure from the beginning. cubase has no way of knowing that the "audio1.wav file you moved manually is not the one that was saved with a subsequent session. you could search and play each file in the pool and rebuild the session manually.
proper session file management is extremly important as you can see.

cheers

Temporarily remove or renam it.

You could try shouting at it as i sometimes do but unfortunately so far i’ve not found that method to be particularly effective…think i might try the above next time… :blush:

Lol, yeah, i did it by renaming … Obviously…

But… I wanted to do it via the audiopool… Anywho…

+1 better track management… (Cpr’s take ownership of their files so to speak)

• a menu/dialog → save as / also has a checkbox asking if you want to move all dependencies to new save place
  • a track manager where one can delete old/u wanted projects and it also deletes all audiofiles used
  • etc…

:wink:

But u know what? Cubase is so esoteric that i might actually try your “shout at it” method next time…
I heard its not good to eat your anger/frustration but to channel it into something positive somehow… Maybe shouting at it will train my vocal chords… So thats positive, eh?:stuck_out_tongue:

On a side note-> cubase could be pimped and fixed in a month or two if someone who actually cared, had vision and drive would work at it. All those pesky little errors, all those oversights, and and and would be addressed… You people who are real and actually use it know what i mean… All steiny needs to do is care. And have someone there who actually uses their own product… Im sure no one there “really” uses it… Obviously…
Too many salespeople, marketers, supporters, talkers, bullsnippers etc… (No offense btw) its just how i see it at times… I absolutely love cubase , but im sure that the above applies…
It would be in tune with all the BS that has manifested itself into this plain…
Ok, im gonna put my pink glassses on again and “hope” for the best" before i reveal too much truth and you pull a jesus/mlk/jfk/911 etc on me…

Cubase 9 all the way… I hope you are actually taking things seriously… Do not waste this chance. Make it the best it can be. get some experienced people to help you… Some old gods… Or dont … Its up to you…
You have my support for now…

Edit: maybe im just ignorant… Maybe you are really doing what is possible… Everything in your power. Maybe you are moving mountains… Maybe the developer / sales etc. people ratio is 1:1 or better yet, 2:1 or more… Maybe you are actually not wasting our and your time for personal profit… Maybe you do care… Maybe… I hope so… I do what i can with spirit and intelligence… Maybe you do too… Maybe… Maybe less me and more we… Maybe…
Maybe cubase 9 will be the best dang thing that has happened to us since the first DAW to see the the light… True intelligence, true spirit, truth.love.evolution.music.

Just learn to use the program.
Cubase does not “choose” wrong files.

Ive learnt the program in the 90’s…

Its about time we evolve…

And yes, if you choose a new folder for your save files, which happens to have a file with the same name, it will not copy the file from the original source and append it with a (1) or any other tag, it will just take the file from the destination folder… - but we are way past that as this thread has moved on…

Are you 100% happy with the program? → no more improvements or fixes necessary? coolbass?