How to transfer Cubasis 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis 3

I upgraded cubasis le 2 to the full version and bought all in app plugins. today i bought cubasis 3 and want to transfer the plugins, but “nothing to restore -there were no past purchases on this account”.
cubasis le 2 is version 2.8.2
my procedure is:

1. Open Cubasis 3
  2. Open shop select plugin
  3. Press restore purchases
    the result is, “nothing to restore -there were no past purchases on this account”
    how do I get my paid plugins?
    mfg marko

well i didn’t have your patience …

I contacted apple.

I had to explain my whole story to them 3 times.

Apple has finally agreed to reimburse me for Cubasis 3.

I will wait until I get the Cubasis 3 LE version in March and then I will decide if I will try again.

One thing is sure, I will not pay twice for something that everyone can have.

And to conclude, this Steinberg application launch is a big flop!

well i didn’t have your patience …

I contacted apple.

I had to explain my whole story to them 3 times.

Apple has finally agreed to reimburse me for Cubasis 3.

I will wait until I get the Cubasis 3 LE version in March and then I will decide if I will try again.

One thing is sure, I will not pay twice for something that everyone can have.

And to conclude, this Steinberg application launch is a big flop!

I own the paid version of Cubasis LE With all in-app purchases. I just bought Cubasis 3 and I don’t get any pop ups for IAP tranfers. I’m getting frustrated. Will you ever fix that?

do cubasis 2 users have to pay a full price for cubasis 3 ? If so I don’t think its’ fair.

Hello everyone!
Same problem here. I have an upgraded LE 2 license with in-app purchases. Transfer does not work for me either. What to do? /Calle

Hi,

I have Cubasis 2 on my old iPad and purchased In-Apps there. Now I installed version 3 on my iPhone and wanted to restore the purchases.
This didn’t work directly on my iPhone.
So I tried to install version 3 on the iPad. Unfortunately, it is to old to install version 3.

So how can I restore all my In-App purchases on my iPhone without buying them again or buying a new iPad?

Best regards!

Hi GAN_HAPPY,

Thank you for your message.

Please find the instructions how to freely transfer existing Cubasis in-app purchases in the following forum article:

Please check, if you’re able to install Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 on a separated iPad device, being logged in with your account.
Once the in-app purchases has been transferred and saved to your account, they should appear on the iPhone later on.

Please note that we had to come up with a custom solution, in offering the free IAP Transfer option for our customers, since this is normally not offered on iOS. Unfortunately, there is no other technical solution available, than having Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 installed on the same iPad to transfer the IAP’s.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi callevs,

Please have a look at our dedicated Cubasis LE 3 forum article:

Hope that helps,
Lars

being a cubasis 2 user for a couple of years I’m not willing to pay full price for cubasis 3. I think Steinberg should cut it’s appetite a bit and start showing to the customers a little more respect for being loyal to their products for many years

Hi vovkinson,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis 3 is a brand-new app development which took our full team several years in making.

In parallel, we have released more than thirty updates (with lots of new features) for Cubasis from 2012 to 2019 - all free of charge for existing customers.

Please note that Apple does not provide update/upgrade models compared to the desktop world.

We hope for your understanding, that Cubasis 3 is currently sold at its regular price. The app comes with the option, to freely transfer existing in-app purchases.

Best,
Lars

We have uplifting news for those of you who previously obtained instruments or impacts modules by means of Cubasis 2 in-application buys. When you’ve introduced Cubasis 3, basically dispatch Cubasis 2 to move your past in-application buys to Cubasis 3, through a basic catch tap.

Hi Medlock88,

Please let us know, what you’re trying to say here.

Thanks
Lars

Well shucks, I’m away from my iPad right now, trapped in a different state due to Corona confinement. Seriously! So I guess I’ll have to be patient, no IAP tranfer for me! I guess we’ve got bigger problems to deal with right now, but it sure would have been nice to use Cubasis 3 to its full potential while under state mandated quarantine.

Hi Lars,

I have just purchased Cubasis 3 on my iPad Pro and having an issue with transferring the IAP from Cubasis LE 2 Full Feature set purchased in-app.

I was going through the forum regarding this issue and understood that this is not yet been resolved.

What do I do with the new purchase of Cubasis 3, which I bought with the confidence that I could transfer all my previous IAPs.

Look forward to your response with solution ASAP.

Hi DenAmus,

With the release of Cubasis LE 3 and Cubasis LE 2.8.3, it will be possible to freely transfer existing instrument and effect in-app purchases to Cubasis LE 3 and Cubasis 3.

We have planned to release Cubasis LE 3 on Monday 30, 2020 which depends on Apple‘s feedback, who rejected the app during their review process.

Best,
Lars

Hi - and thank you for all the work you are doing on Cubasis.
I own Cubase LE2 with all the IAPs for the full feature set and the various effect packs.
Having understood that up till now there was no transfer purchase option if crossing over from Cubasis LE2 to Cubasis 3, I have just purchased Cubasis 3 and all the IAPs, taking advantage of the sale prices you are currently offering.
Do I understand correctly that it will now be possible - and that I need not have freshly purchased the IAPs.
Kind regards,
Andrew Flack

Hi Lars,

Appreciate your prompt response.

Awaiting the new releases as mentioned above.

Hope I don’t have to purchase the Cubase LE 3 to transfer my previous IAPs.

Best Regards

Hi all,

We’re live… Cubasis LE 3 available.
Here are the instructions how to transfer existing instrument and effect plug-in in a-app purchases.

Stay well,
Lars

Lars,

It worked perfectly to transfer LE 2 IAPs over to Cubasis 3. Thank you very much!

Sebastian