How to transfer Cubasis 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis 3

Hi @8008135,

Thank you for your message.

I just bought the full upgrade for Cubasis 3 Le and not able to transfer IAPs I bought for Cubasis 2. I’ve searched all the posts and followed the instructions to transfer but don’t see any options to do so. Is it possible to transfer purchases from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3 Le? Or do I have to buy the effects again?

Please check the first post in this topic, to learn what app combinations are supported to transfer exisiting instrument and effect in-app purchases.

Best,
Lars

Hello, after reading through this forum I’m not sure if I am entitled to receiving a transfer of my plug-ins. I originally bought Cubasis2 and most of the plug-ins. Today I downloaded Cubasis3 LE and after trying it out for a while I decided to take advantage of the current upgrade sale to the full version of Cubasis3. Now I am trying to transfer over my plug-in purchases from Cubasis2. I never get the prompts telling me to click on transfer which then sends me to Cubasis2. I have also rebooted my iPad and logged out and log back in to the original account where both bases two and three were purchased. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @rjb1,

As stated on top of this article, these are the supported IAP transfer options:

(1) The IAP transfer is supported for these apps:

• Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3
  • Cubasis LE 2 to Cubasis LE 3
  • Cubasis LE 2 to Cubasis 3

Best,
Lars

Hi. I have 2 licenses for Cubasis 2 LE that came with two mixing desks from Yamaha. So I installed one on my iPad Air 2021 and immediately got notified that Cubasis 3 LE was available and so I downloaded that too. Today bought something, and I say it this way because I really don’t know what did I buy, on Cubasis 2 LE. Supposedly infinite tracks and some instruments, paid 18€ (just about). Well went to the transfer to Cubasis 3 LE and got a message that “one in-app purchase was transfered” but in fact it didn’t. First of all I would like to know exactly what I bought since I thought that I was buying the whole upgrade package deal. Where can I see what license do I have now and what exactly was the “upgrade”?
How am I going to transfer the so called “in-app purchase” to Cubasis 3 LE? Already did the process a few times, a message of success comes up but no transfer is done.
Can some one help me please? Ty

Hi @Mischa_SpecBit,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

As mentioned in this article, with the purchase of Cubasis 3, we offer you to freely transfer previous Cubasis instrument and effect in-app purchases to your newest Cubasis 3 app. All supported cases are stated in the article itself.

It is not possible to transfer your Cubasis LE 2 Full Feature Set IAP to Cubasis LE3.

If you’ve purchased the Cubasis LE2 Full Feature Set IAP by accident, you can give it a try to get in touch with Apple asking them for a refund: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Hope that helps!

Stay safe,
Lars

1 Like

Hi Lars

Thank you for the reply.
I didn’t fully understand the IAP stuff. And still don’t know what I bought for 18€ on cubasis 2 LE, been searching everywhere for the license, to see if what I bought is the cubasis 2 full license. There was a message telling me that I would get infinite tracks and I saw that I had much more instruments. In the end, since there was a message telling me that I could transfer those in-app purchases (just came to my mind that maybe that’s what IAP stands for) from the 2 version to the cubasis 3 LE version, that’s what I did, mainly because the cubasis 2 LE costs 18€ (just about) and the cubasis 3 LE costs 35€ (just about), so I went for the cheapest.
Since we’re here, I’d like to know what is the full version of cubasis 3 LE and if LE stands for lite? Also I’d like to know why the sound of instruments on cubasis 3 play so quiet comparing to the very same instrument and procedure on cubasis 2?
In the end I’m alright with buying the cubasis 3 licence and since it’s a much up to date app seems like the way to go as a gateway to the DAW world as an alternative to garage band that won’t let me compose my own songs, only allows me to use instruments presets.
So Lars, if you could help me with my questions I would really appreciate.

Thank you

Hi @Mischa_SpecBit,

Thanks for your message.

As already mentioned, with the purchase of Cubasis 3 we offer you to freely transfer your existing Cubasis instrument and effect in-app purchases.

It is not possible to transfer your Cubasis Full Feature Set 2 IAP to Cubasis LE 3 and/or Cubasis 3.

If you’ve purchased the Cubasis LE2 Full Feature Set IAP by accident, you can give it a try to get in touch with Apple asking them for a refund: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi @Mischa_SpecBit again,

Since we’re here, I’d like to know what is the full version of cubasis 3 LE and if LE stands for lite?

Please follow the links below to find out, which features are included in the current Cubasis 3 app versions, and what are the differences between Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3.

Compare The Versions Of Cubasis

New in Cubasis 3

Best wishes,
Lars

Hello, i have cubasis 2 with 3 iap purchases, they activate fine In cubasis 2.
Now i downloaded and unlocked cubasis 3LE an made an in app purchase for “full unlock”

Should i be able to transfer my cubasis 2. (2.8.6 regular) IAP purchases In to cubasis LE3?

I tried to “restore purchases” In cubasis 3LE but those effects i bought for version 2 wont unlock!?

Should it be possible cubasis 2 to cubasis 3LE??

Jyrki

Hi @Komero

Thanks for your message.

Below I’ve pasted the instructions how to freely transfer your Cubasis 2 effects and instruments in-app purchases to Cubasis 3.

Please let me know if this resolved your problem.

Thanks
Lars

How to transfer Cubasis 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis 3

Dear all,

With the purchase of Cubasis 3, we offer you to freely transfer previous Cubasis instrument and effect in-app purchases to your newest Cubasis 3 app.

(1) The IAP transfer is supported for these apps:

• Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3
  • Cubasis LE 2 to Cubasis LE 3
  • Cubasis LE 2 to Cubasis 3

(2) These are the required steps:

• Make sure Cubasis 2.8.2 is installed on your iPad
  • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app shop
  • Follow the instructions shown in the IAP Transfer pop-up

Important
In some cases, it is required to open the in-app shop in Cubasis 2, once the app has launched itself (being triggered from the “Transfer” popup button).

Thank you,
I dont get Any “transfer popup” In cubasis 3 Le.
Could it be that it is not possible to make the transfer between these version?

Cubasis 2 to cubasis 3 LE

This combination is not mentioned on the list.

I have both versions installed but on 3le Shop i see only a restore button, should there be a button for “transfer”?