Press Shift+O, type “tr” + Enter = Trill
Press Shift+O, type “gliss” + Enter = Glissando (straight) to next note
Press Shift+O, type “gliss” + Enter = Glissando (straight) to next note
Press Shift+O, type “glisswav” + Enter = Glissando (wavy) to next note

With two notes selected:
Press Shift+O, type “gliss” + Enter = Glissando (straight) between notes
Press Shift+O, type “glisswav” + Enter = Glissando (wavy) between notes

1 Like

Thanks for this and also for your other post on barline popovers. I’d discovered a lot of these, as well. Entering barlines with the popover is quite quick, but I’m still trying to find a way to streamline entering things like ornaments, a little like the ease of entering the basic articulations. Entering a glissando via the popover takes 11 keystrokes which is hardly an option if you have to enter many of them. Using the palette is quicker but still requires a lot of mouse movement back and forth. I’ve already created macros for dynamics: clicking a note and pressing Ctrl-3 is quicker than clicking a note, pressing Shift-D, M, F, Enter. I might try something similar for some of the standard ornaments. Fortunately, Dorico seldom uses the Ctrl key for its shortcuts.

Note that Mordent is actually a (short) trill and Inverted Mordent is a normal Mordent.
I hope the other standard baroque ornaments will follow soon. MuseScore has some 15 + two French ornaments. (Tremblement and pincé)

Note that Daniel has added his list of Popover parameters for Write Mode to the FAQ sticky at the top of the threads page.

But that does not add any ornament…

Which ornaments didn’t it add?

(I will admit that trying to add an ornament to the first note did not work initially, but when I went back to it, it did work.)
ornaments.png

I think srh means “you can’t user any ornaments except the small number defined in the popover” - for example http://www.smufl.org/version/1.2/range/precomposedTrillsAndMordents/ or http://www.smufl.org/version/1.2/range/otherBaroqueOrnaments/

You may be right, but srh said that it didn’t add “any” ornament.

If you download the Goldberg Variations aria (or my versions of a couple of the variations) which I posted in another thread, you’ll see that I used text blocks to enter non-supported ornaments, which is a viable workaround until Dorico somehow makes a completer palette of ornaments available via the popover, although I wonder how they’ll implement this. I made a text style called ornaments which selects the Bravura font and you can use a font utility to scroll to where the required ornament is. Dorico version 1.0.10 supports the use of a font utility like PopChar.

1 Like