How to use UR28m with direct monitoring

Hi all,

I have downloaded the newest driver for my ur28m device. That Works fine.
In the older cubase versions i could get reverb on my direct monitoring but not in 7.5.20. i have downloaded tools for ur28m_v201_win64 but when i execute setup.exe it just says install wizard complete imidiatly.g ur28M applications installed.

What am i doing wrong.

I have Cubase 7.5.20, UR28M soundcard, Windows 7, Intel I7 chip

I’m not in front of my computer at the moment but I don’t see why they would change that. Do you have the monitor button on, on the track?

Hi There

In the mixer window, is the “Hardware” showing up there in the input channel strip?. Just btw if the software installer sees that the version is already installed and up to date it does exactly what you describe so I wouldn’t worry about that.

Best Regards

Dave

BTW this thread should probably have been started in “Steinberg UR Series”

Hi Again and thanks for your inputs.
Yes the monitor button is on, an “Hardware” is not showing up in the channel strip like it should according to the manual.

lmlmlm01

Hi Thhere

The hardware rack does not always show up by default, check in the “Racks” dropdown in the mixer that it checked to be visible and if it isn’t there, we’ll have to think of something else.

Best Regards

Dave

It isn’t in the rack. Look here:
It says:
All racks
routing
Pre
Inserts
Eq
Channelstrip
sends
Cue sends
Track quick controls
device panels

Best regards
lmlmlm01

Not sure if this helps, but I just noticed If I switch to the Yamaha USB driver after starting Cubase the Hardware option is missing from the rack and it is not possible to access the monitoring effects…But if I start Cubase with the driver already selected then it is there.