HSO Latency and Audio Crash

Hi,

I absolutely love HSO, and I absolutely love my new Cubase 6, but for some reason they don’t like to play nice with each other.

After a few minutes with HSO, Cubase has HUGE latency (several seconds), and ultimately I get no sound at all.

With ALL other VSTi’s I don’t have this problem.

I removed HSO from a sample project and this problem went away.

I’m on Win7 64-bit, Asio drivers, HSO 64-bit, SMD Phenom X4 940 and 8GB RAM, but I am still using my mainboard’s sound card as I haven’t been able to upgrade to anything better yet (money).

Any suggestions?

This is not what you’ll want to hear, but the first thing I’d do is get a proper soundcard with stable x64 ASIO drivers. You can get something like an E-MU 1010 for about $100 if you shop around.

I know you say it doesn’t happen with your other VSTis, but HSO doesn’t do this on any else’s machine either, so neither of those arguments will lead to a solution.

If you have Cubase 6, your license allows you to load the revised content of HSO for HALion Sonic SE (HSSE) and eliminate the HSO VSTi entirely.

Thank you for replying.

Yes, others made that suggestion, too, so I installed the HSO soundset and everything works fine now (and better than I’d hoped!).

I do really need to get a new soundcard…

Thanks again! :slight_smile: