HSO VST Sound Instrument Set Question

I installed the Cubase 6 Upgrade and I own the HALion Symphonic Orchestra 16bit Edition.

I also installed and activated the new HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set. I noticed on my e-Licenser that the license for this set will expire on 26-03-2011.

According to the Cubase 6 FAQ the new HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set uses the same license as the old HALion Symphonic Orchestra 16bit. I also read that I didn’t have to activate the set, but I already activated it right after installation.
Will it work without limitations after the expiration date?

Yes.

Thank you, MrSoundman

I also started out with HALion Symphonic Orchestra 16bit Edition back in 2009, and installed the HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set from the disc I received along with Cubase 6a few days ago.

This is the information stored on my e-Licenser after installing the HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set:

01.Collection
HALion Symphonic Orchestra 1.x
HALion Player OEM 3.x

Activation code: xxxxxxxx…
Activated on: 16.07.2009, 18:25

It doesn’t say anything about date of expiery, which I assume is the reason of your concern.

The OP had additionally activated the HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set license even though he didn’t need to … and nowhere do Steinberg explain this, so of course that’s not clear. However, having needlessly activated the trial license, once it expires the original HSO license will continue to be in place, so he’s covered. The only downside is that the trial license is then gone and can’t be re-used … but isn’t, and wasn’t needed anyway.

Very confusing on the part of Steinberg.

Whirly,

Isn’t this the information from your Registred Products in MySteinberg?
I have the same info in MySteinberg:

1. Collection
  • HALion Symphonic Orchestra 1.x
  • HALion Player OEM 3.x

Activation code: xxxx
Activated on: 16.04.2009, 16:55

The expiration date for the Sound Instrument Set is not mentioned in MySteinberg because: ‘…Steinberg demo-licenses… cannot be registered on the Steinberg website and thus cannot be displayed here…’)

The expiration date for the Set is stored on my eLicenser Control Center (Steinberg Key), together with the expiration date for the MP3 Encoder (wich should be included in Cubase 6).

Did you enter the activation code (in the eLicenser Control Center) for HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set after the installation?

Yes it is. When you mentioned the e-Licenser in your original post I mixed that with MySteinberg, and additionally I didn’t understand the problem correctly. Anyway, not to make either of us more confused I think Soundman is nailing it here:

I don’t think you have to worry.

Thank you, MrSoundman & Whirly