HSO with Cubase 5 impossible to buy now?

Hi, I bought cubase 5 2 years ago and only now I’ve installed HSO 16 bit (it was inside the sw box)
Now I’ would like to pourchase it but here
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/sku/500242455.html
In the panel 2 this advise appear to me:

SORRY.

This product is not available in your country.

It means that in Italy I’can’t to pourchase it?
I though just about an activation code, payable with Paypal, where is the problem?
Please, help me!
Thank you

I believe you are trying to purchase the “full” version. You need the “update” version. Try this!

The OP wants the HSO 16 Bit edition activation key which was available with C5 as time limited offer. What you are referring to are the HSO VST soundsets available with C6 (and HalionSonic SE) which won´t run with the C5 version.

Yes, I’m aware of what the OP is looking for. They mentioned purchasing an activation key with paypal which would update the trial version.
The page that I linked appears a little confusing.
At the title of the page, it says “permanent licenses for trial versions” which is what is being sought.
The one tab that seems applicable says,

"Activation Code to permanently activate your copy of HALion Symphonic Orchestra -

VST Sound Instrument Set that came with Cubase 6. After installation, HALion Symphonic Orchestra is accessible through HALion Sonic SE that is part of Cubase 6.

Only for Cubase 5 and Cubase 6."

This is what I would download if I was looking to update my trial version of HSO to permanancy in CB5. It mentions both the permanent license and the instrument set but then says it’s for CB 5 too.

Maybe Steinberg write that the activation it’s for CB5 too because I could have HS SE mounted on my CB5 ?
I ask at support team but they don’t have the answer.
I’ll call Steinberg after holidays and I hope in a clear answer.
I’m considering the possibility of upgrade at CB6 but I’m not sure the upgrade means to get the HSO2 (32bit version).
Heeelllp!!!
(but thanks for your interest.

I bought the activation code and now HSO works exactly the same in CB5 as it did in the demo mode. There WAS a lot of confusion, even when I spoke to Seinberg on the phone, over if it was “still available”. Seems silly, since they never announced a time limit on activating the program.

It’s official: the activation of HSO (CB5 version) it finished.
Now it’s only possible get HSO II passing through CB6 so:

• upgrade from CB5 to CB6: 150 €
  • activation code HSO II : 100€
    TOTAL: 250€ (instead 100e)
    Not always wait is useful …

Thanks to everybody for interest.
Good 2012 !

Hello,

This is the text at our online shop:

Activation Code to permanently activate your copy of HALion Symphonic Orchestra - VST Sound Instrument Set that came with Cubase 6. After installation, HALion Symphonic Orchestra is accessible through HALion Sonic SE that is part of Cubase 6. > Only for Cubase 5 and Cubase 6.

I need to clear this. Because this IS confusing.

Will report back

Cheers,

Chris

Ok,
this is what the guy at the phone today told me.
Can I have a chance too?
Thanks

Hello,

The license that can be purchased is also for the HSO version that is included by Cubase 5.

Cheers,

Chris

Good to know, thank you.

So, I’ve purchase CB6 to get HSO license too for nothing (not nothing cause CB6 it always another step forward, but if I had known I would not have purchased …)
The Steinberg call center is not “update” …

I am looking to Purchase HALion Symphonic Orchestra 16 bit Edition for XP PRO SP3

I have Cubase 5.5.3 and would like to add HAlion

How can I purchase HALion 16 bit since I can not find it on Steinberg site

Running AMD FX60 CPU with 4 Gig Ram, EVGA 9800 Card and M-Audio Delta 1010LT Sound card.

Look at post #2. The link for that purchase is the one on the bottom of that post.

Thank you

I went to that link and it shows

SORRY.

This product is not available in your country

I have Cubase 5.5.3 and I see that it comes with it. How do I go about activation HALion
This was an upgrade from Cubase 3 to Cubase 5 for info

Sounds like you need to contact Steinberg. The OP had the same problem. Maybe you should contact him also.

I have the install CD for it. I just need to activate it.
hopefully I will get some support to activate HALion 3 for XP

I have activated the 90 day trial and have it hooked up to my DX7
Wow the sounds are awesome

Is there a difference with the Trial version and Full Version?