Huge Performance issues, Projects not loadimg properly, ect

Hey again,

So after 4 days of testing out Cubasis 3 I am kinda frustrated. It is taking all the fun making new tracks and loops. Nevertheless, I am confident you guys will make Cubasis 3 great. I compiled a list with all the issues I have:

• Tracks sometimes not freezing properly. Sometimes it doesn‘t render all the insert effects properly, in other cases, the synth AU itself just glitches out. Synths that had this happen: Continua, Bleass Alpha

• Loading projects doesn‘t run fluidly. Sometimes, I see empty track blocks without the waveform and I get no sound when hitting play, but in most other cases (80% of the time) the loaded project causes Cubasis 3 to respond really slowly and some channels don‘t even play back or glitch out - like it is under heavy CPU load. Looking at the CPU and DSP meter it shows just 2% - 4% at a certain point Cubasis 3 will become unresponsive and continue playing…even killing the app doesn‘t stop the sound. I just had a complete meltdown of the system with all my other apps becoming unresponsive, forcing me to do a cold restart (powerbutton-home combo)

• Creating directories is a great idea. But when I create a new project, it will always end up in the root and I am unable to move the project in my folder - am I missing something here?

• some AU‘s still have fullscreen issues. especially Roli‘s player app, which shows me its keyboard instead of the rest of the interface as soon as I open the cubasis keyboard (I am ending up with 2 keyboards)

(this is more a feature request:)

• why can I not simply drag and drop an audio file from another app (i.e. the files app) into cubasis? I was kinda hoping for cubasis 3 to have this deeper integration with iPadOS but for some reason, it didn‘t

Thanks guys, I know you are probably dealing with other things at the moment. I hope you will get this and other bugs out soon! You are on a good trajectory :star_struck:

Cheers,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your report!

• Tracks sometimes not freezing properly
  • Loading projects doesn‘t run fluidly

Please nail down both issues to the 3rd party apps in use.

Which of them does not render properly?
Please let the 3rd party app vendors know about this, and inform us too.

Which of them lead to maxing out the available capacities?
Some tips:

• Please open “System Info” inspector tab and watch the meters, while playback is running
  • Deactivate some of the 3rd party instruments/effects to learn about their power consumption
  • Use Track Freeze or reduce the number of 3rd party instruments/effects used in a project
  • Choose a higher “Latency” value
  • Creating directories is a great idea

It should work to move such projects via drag and drop.
Does this help?

• why can I not simply drag and drop an audio file from another app
    Normally, this should work, when these apps offer helpers to do so.

For example, Cubasis 2 comes with a “Share” option, where you can easily share files between Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3.
In addition, please check out Apples Files app, which allows to share files between applications super quick.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your report!

• Tracks sometimes not freezing properly
  • Loading projects doesn‘t run fluidly

Please nail down both issues to the 3rd party apps in use.

Which of them does not render properly?
Please let the 3rd party app vendors know about this, and inform us too.

Which of them lead to maxing out the available capacities?
Some tips:

• Please open “System Info” inspector tab and watch the meters, while playback is running
  • Deactivate some of the 3rd party instruments/effects to learn about their power consumption
  • Use Track Freeze or reduce the number of 3rd party instruments/effects used in a project
  • Choose a higher “Latency” value
  • Creating directories is a great idea

It should work to move such projects via drag and drop.
Does this help?

• why can I not simply drag and drop an audio file from another app

Normally, this should work, if these apps offer helpers to do so.

For example, Cubasis 2 comes with a “Share” option, where you can easily share files between Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3.
In addition, please check out Apples Files app, which allows to share files between applications super quick.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Cubasis3 is UNUSABLE. I was quite delighted with the improved UI and cloud integration, new instruments, etc. Unfortunately, it is unstable on my 2 yr old iPad Pro 10.5. Vital functions like the playback control will get unresponsive as soon as you start editing. Drag and drop is a crap shoot, cuz the piece you’re moving will get stuck, disappear and reappear somewhere else completely different — as if you were flinging a frisbee off your timeline. There’s a noticeable lag in pasting operation, regardless of length. This is just MIDI! No third party apps or plugins. Seems to be resource issue, yet quitting everything else and restarting the iPad don’t seem to help. Going back to Cubasis2… hoping you guys sort it out. Yes, Lars I can replicate this till the cows come home.

Hi kangon,

This should definitely not be the case.
Please share a project with a short step description with us (Dropbox DL via private message), so we can have a look at the issue.

Best wishes,
Lars