I am starting to get upset at WL10

I did a bunch of processing to .WAV files in WL 9.5.5 before I switched over to WL 10. Now when I try and open one of those files I get the “what is the format” window and when I plug in the correct information it opens with no audio. Nothing else has changed. Is there some differences in .WAV formats from WL 9.5.5 to WL 10? I checked all the recent files and anything done in WL10 opens fine and older material opens fine but the stuff I did a week ago does not want to open. Confused :astonished:

Does it open in 9.5? If yes, please email me a file.

Hoping for an update soon

Can you PM me your email address?

So far, there have been zero issues with working on files started in 9.5.

The only constructive comment I can make is that a recent Winvdoze 10 update caused some weirdness with WL 10. A subsequent update (did not require a reboot) seemed to restore things to stability.

I sent the file to PG. He said it only contained zeros and was unreadable. I had to redo 20 masterings because of this. I am going to stay with 9.5.5 until a stable version of 10 is forthcoming. Hopefully this will be soon.

Does this not logically suggest that the files came out of WL 9.5.5 already in that state, i.e. due to some other issue?

Failure of WL 10 to find audio in a file that contains only zeros is not a WL 10 issue.

That (MrSoundman’s post above) is exactly what I was thinking. Also since Thomas says “anything done in WL10 opens fine and older material opens fine”. How is this a WL10 problem?

I did a bunch of processing to .WAV files in WL 9.5.5 before I switched over to WL 10. Now when I try and open one of those files I get the “what is the format” window

According to this statement, the problem was in 9.5, not 10.

Moreover, a file full of zeros from start to finish is likely to be a disk failure other than anything else.
I suggest you to run a disk scan.

Philippe

I ran a disk scan and everything was OK. I did transfer the files from my system disk to my work disk which I do all the time before I processed them. Puzzling to say the least. I will keep working on finding out what happened. The file size is shown correctly but it is nothing but zeros. Strange.

Well I am confused. I did the mastering in 9.5.5 and everything was OK. When I tried to open those same files in WL 10 they were corrupted. I redid all of them in 9.5.5 and so far no problems. I then opened them in WL 10 and everything “seems” to be “OK”. Maybe the problem happened when I transferred my files (.WAVs) to my work disk from my system disk. Since I have been using WL9.5.5 for a very long time with no real problems and since I just upgraded to WL10 I guess I assumed that it was the culprit. FWIW