I repeat below my description because I use them to create a test file and the problems observed are different with this test file than with my original file.
I put the differences by indicating: CORRECTION.
And I join the test file that I attach here.
I did observe more problems in my original file than in my test file that I attach here but there are still problems that you should notice with this test file that I attach here.
Test for Dorico 3.5 done on 24.07.2021 - Copy.dorico (530.3 KB)
I did not describe the problem properly so it is my fault if I have confused the readers.
I have to rely on what I see with the file that I have been using. Here is a description that should highlight the problems.
I have a file with 5 flows.
—Flow 1 has 3 pages: 1, 2, and 3.
Title of the project: To learn…
Title of the flow 1: 1T) Summary…
—Flow 2 has 3 pages: 4, 5, and 6.
Title of the flow 2: 2B) Summary …
It starts with G2 to A3 on the bass clef.
—Flow 3 has 2 pages: 7, and 8.
Title of the flow 3: 1.1T) …
It starts with E4 to F5 on the treble clef.
—Flow 4 has 2 pages: 9, and 10.
Title of the flow 4: 1.2T) …
It starts with F4 to E5 on the treble clef.
—Flow 5 has 3 pages: 11, 12, and 13.
Title of the flow 4: 1.3T) …
It starts with F5 to C8 on the treble clef.
Now I add 120 bars at the end of flow 2 that represents 3 pages.
My assumption is that, adding 120 bars at the end of flow 2, will simply shift by 3 pages both the titles and the bars of the following flows 3, 4, 5 so I should have now these flows starting the following way:
flow 3 now starts at page 10, then page 11 with the original title and starting notes of flow 3.
flow 4 now starts at page 12, then page 13 with the original title and starting notes of flow 4.
flow 5 now starts at page 14, then page 15, then page 16 with the original title and starting notes of flow 5.
Here is what I observe instead when I add 120 bars to flow 2 representing approximately 3 pages.
—Flow 2 indeed has pages 7, 8, and 9 added to it.
—BUT on page 7, the title of flow 3 1.1T)… is at the top of page 7 with the blank added bars on page 7.
—Page 8 has only blank bars.
—Page 9 now has the title for flow 4 1.2T)… with blank bars (not a full page).
—Page 9 now has the title for flow 4 1.2T)… with BARS WITH NOTES.
—On page 10, I now see 3. Flow 3 instead of seeing the title of flow 3 1.1T)… and I now see the starting notes of flow 3 E4 to F5 on page 10.
—Page 10 has Flow 3 at the top with BARS WITH NOTES.
—Page 11. At the top, I see the title of flow 5 1.3T) … but not even with the starting notes of flow 5!
—Page 12 has the title now 4. Flow 4 with the notes that started flow 4 F4 to E5. Flow 4 has 2 pages.
—Page 12 has Flow 4 at the top with BARS WITH NOTES.
—Page 13 has 5. Flow 5 at the top but NOT the title of Flow 5 that is 1.3T) and the normal starting notes for Flow 5.
—Page 14 and page 15 has title Flow 5 and the notes that were on page 12 and 13.
This new flow 5 has 3 pages.
I hope this detailed explanation highlights the problems that I encountered.
I created this test file called “Test for Dorico 3.5 done on 24.07.2021.dorico” just following the instructions that I have written myself when I first recorded what I noticed with my original file. This test file is NOT my original file BUT it will highlight problems that I list above.
It is interesting to notice that I had to change what I noticed with this test file, as a few points are different with this test file when I add 120 bars on flow 2 than when I use my original file.
Now my claim is the following that I once again repeat here so that Dorico can spot the problems and correct them.
When you add 120 bars on flow 2 (approximately 3 pages), I expect the software to simply shift by three pages the subsequent pages and keep everything the same and in order (same title of the flow with the same pages with the same notes). As you can see with the test file that I join, there are problems.
Another second test to do. Imagine that I decide to switch Flow 5 and put it just after Flow 1 and move Flow 2 at the end. Again, I assume that the software will smoothly simply make the change from Flow to to Flow 5 and from Flow 5 to Flow 2 and all the various elements in this file will harmonise without problems.
To do that, I just go to Setup mode and move Flow 5 just after Flow 1 and Flow 2 just after Flow 4.
Back to the Write mode to see if the entire project is updated harmoniously I could say, that is without problems.
—Page 4 has the tile for Flow 5 as 2B) Summary when the title for Flow 5 is 1.3T) …
That seems to be the main issue, the title of the flow.
My original file has more issues for the first test. I did not try the second test on my original file.
So you wanted to have a dorico file to check these issues out, check them out.