I can't change input on my audio track?

Hey.

Does anybody know why I in my audio tracks, can’t route my input to a group channel anymore? …

Before, if I wanted to record my vsts as audio, I simply just made a group, routed the vst output to the group and made an audio track from which i routed the input to the group. When recording on the audio track with this combination a beautiful audio wave came out and even the ‘‘live’’ modulation was insight the sample.

With Cubase 7 I can’t change the input signal on my audio tracks, which makes this impossible. Can this be real? … I am using the artist version. I really hope it is not because of that.

Thank you for reading.

I’m having the same problem at the moment, trying to rout Superior Drummers outputs to a track input but it seems as though you can no longer do that in Cubase 7. I think a revert to Cubase 5 may be needed for myself if this is the case lol.

I am using the Cubase Artist 7.5 . I tried out my 7.5 Pro trial and everything was normal. Very clever Steinberg :wink: … Gotta upgrade.

Check out the link in my Sig, is that helpful (“Render …”)?

Hi there…
Usually when I want to export a VST track I put the VST track in solo mode and export it like I export a mix down… and re import it into the mix like any audio track…

IF you want to record in real time you are just loosing time. Optionally you can export the VST with all eq-ing and Efx or as a dry track.

IF you cannot choose another input on your channel strip maybe you have to press F4 and see IF you Cubase still gas the settings in the INPUT and the OUTput tabs… and also see in Device Setings IF your ASIO sound card is activated
these are known issues in such situations…

let me know it it works…