I can't copy/paste a passage in percussion staff, nor from regular staff to percusion.

I hope I’m doing something wrong and this can be fixed, because I’d be very disappointed (to say the least) to hear that I’d have to wait for Dorico 2 to properly work in percussion.

First of all, because of the nature of percussion, being able to copy and paste passages is immensely important, and when I select a passage and try to paste it in the same staff Dorico seems to do nothing, and if it was not possible. Copy pasting works on regular staffs, but even I can’t work that way because trying to then paste that into a percussion staff leaves Dorico like nothing happened.

What is the solution to this issue?

Dear Alvaro,
Before the last update, there have been many threads about that, and indeed it was possible to copy paste percussion stuff, but NOT in all presentation modes. Please refer to them. Percussion won't copy and paste - #10 by dspreadbury - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

I’m not sure that you can copy paste a pitch material to unpitched percussion… Pasting into percussion staff - #12 by GryptpypeThynne - Dorico - Steinberg Forums
Page 10 of the Version history indicates it now should be possible.

Maybe you should make sure your percussion is part of a kit before copying into it. Once you’ve finished, you can undo the “kit” part.

Marc

With the 1.2.10 update, copy and paste between unpitched instruments, and also from unpitched to pitched and vice versa has much improved (or been made possible). Can you post a small section of a Dorico project that doesn’t work for you?