I can't use a Behringer X-Touch in WaveLab Elements??

Am I reading this correctly, that any control surface in WaveLab Elements must be made by Steinberg? To use my Behringer X-Touch I have to spend hundreds more for the Pro version? Before I do, are we sure it will support the X-Touch?

If you don’t know the answer to that, do you know if it supports the Mackie Control standard? Thank you.

Hi!

Have you checked this link…

https://steinberg.help/wavelab_elements/v10/en/search.html?searchQuery=remote+devices

PG or someone from Steinberg Support can help!

regards S-EH

“Only remote devices from Steinberg are supported.” for element

Thanks. Yes, I saw the statement about Elements only using devices from Steinberg. This is not good.

But I looked in the operation manual for the full version of WaveLab Pro 10, and it’s still unclear how a control surface is supported. I found this statement:

Remote Devices
You can use remote devices to remote-control WaveLab Pro.

Several commands can be controlled with knobs and sliders of your remote control device. For all commands that can be assigned to a keyboard shortcut, a MIDI trigger can also be assigned.

• which looks promising, but nowhere does it mention Mackie emulation or specific devices supported. This is discouraging. Does anyone here use a Mackie Control Surface, or the Behringer X-Touch, or similar control surface with WaveLab Pro 10? Thanks.

Interested in this too - does X-Touch One work well in WL10 Pro?

I’m using X Touch with Wavelab 10 but there are limitations. I can set the push knob end coders to work with Studio `EQ and set it up in Remote Devices Dialogue, but that does nothing. However I have quite a few good things working. It would be amazing to have full Mackie protocol support though. I can’t understand why it is lacking in WL, Cubase (a lot) and Logic Pro also, although less. It would be such a huge plus.