I don't get how to use Dorico 4 on my laptop?

I bought Dorico 4 by upgrade and I can use it on my desktop (IMac), now I want to use it on my laptop. I do have a dongle. Someone said Dorico 4 doesn’t need the dongle. I am so confused. When I put the dongle into the laptop it wants the activation code. How do I get that? In the past I was able to put the dongle into my desktop or laptop. My desktop is at work but my laptop goes with me to my other locations where I have midi and able to speed things up with a keyboard. I do want to use Dorico 4.3 with my laptop too. How do I do this???

You need to install the Activation Manager on your laptop and log in to your Steinberg account through that to be able to activate Dorico 4 on your second machine.

This is the Dorico download page, Download assistant, Activation manager etc.

Yes, to be clear, you don’t need to do anything with your USB-eLicenser any more, once you’ve moved to Dorico 4. You can toss it in a drawer and forget about it (unless it contains other licenses for things that haven’t yet been migrated to Steinberg Licensing, of course).

To install Dorico 4 on a new computer, simply run Steinberg Download Assistant there, sign in with your Steinberg ID, then look at the My product downloads category, and you will see Dorico Pro 4 listed there. On the right-hand side, click the Install All button and wait for the progress bars to all turn green.

Now you can run Dorico 4 in the usual way. You may be prompted once more to sign in by Steinberg Activation Manager, but that will be it.