I get loud audio pops after I hit stop in Cubase 11 [Trial]

Okay one second please

It does it too nowā€¦

ok - so not a C11 issue.

Have you rebooted your PC/mac ? Including the audio interface if itā€™s externalā€¦

Is there a sample rate mis-match somewhere (external clocking ?)

Sample rate mismatch in the project you mean right? Like 48k files in a 44k Project and vice verse right?

possibly - or your interface is externally clocked and cubase is set to control the clock rate and it canā€™t (clutching at straws a bit)

reboot everything first

Thanks for taking the time to walk me through this. Very kind. Iā€™ll reboot now.

well you can thank me if it gets fixed :slight_smile: - if not then Iā€™ve just wasted your time !

No no thank you both ways! Iā€™ve rebooted what do you want me to do?

try it again ā€¦

Same pop both in .5 and 11

Screenshot 2021-01-21 185604

Sound card is internally clocked

Iā€™m running out of ideas, obviously!

just checking - this is a brand new, blank project ? and what audio card ? and mac/pc ?

(edit - beat me to it !)

Okay

Screenshot 2021-01-21 190011

Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen

can you pin down exactly what cause the pop ? is it audio tracks - is it VSTi ? - does it happen on a blank project with NO tracks ? do you have rec-enable on the track or tape-machine style monitoring so that it flips over to ā€˜input monitorā€™ when you stop ?

Both Audio tracks and VST everything that is playing popsā€¦ but and the pop varies between the output of each channelā€¦ itā€™s a kick I get a popā€¦ if itā€™s sub bassā€¦ POP!.. if itā€™s a ride cymbal I can barely hear itā€¦ itā€™s like a teh.

(just editing one of your images as it had some personal info on)

Iā€™m still clutching at straws - did you reboot the focusrite box ? ie fully unplug it ? do you have an other interface you can use ?

I turned it off from the power button Iā€™ll unplug it from USB and Power for 30 sec and return.

I have pops on my Apollo as well if any application is taking control over the deviceā€¦
Could it be that something is grabbing the driver when you stop playback?
A chat client maybe?

^^^ thatā€™s where I was going with the sample rate thing - so cubase sets it to 44.1khz but as soon as it stops something tries to take it back to 48khzā€¦or something

Iā€™ve rebooted everything including the Audio card and PC. Unplugged everything. Iā€™ve disable soundcard in windows settings. So no windows application can use itā€¦ I still have pops