I Gotta Say...Lighten Up Guys!

Peter: Amen brother!

Daniel and Steinberg are sensitive to the needs of their community - Us.

And here we are with a chance to get in on the ground floor to help the development of Dorico with our input.

Criticise, or journey together with good will?

I started this thread. Intention of which was to point out that we do need to give Dorico time to mature. And we do.

Having used it for some time now since that post, and having read many of the complaints, I too have felt quite some of the frustration of the others’ posts.

It is possible to be both pro-Dorico, and not-so-excited about the as-implemented feature set as of the moment. I too have read the blog posts for the last 4 years. I bought it on Day One let’s not forget.

I am pro-Dorico no doubt. But I also understand the many frustrations at it’s existing lacks and bugs. I think tolerance for both viewpoints is essential; people who feel frustrated feel that way for a reason. I believe it will live up to being “the gold standard” but to tout it as such out of the gate when many things are not even up to existing standards is perhaps a bit premature. I believe in Daniel and the team. I just paid them for their work, even though it won’t work for me just yet. I’ll give it time and likely continue to upgrade as time goes by. Just remember that others feel frustrated for a reason; it’s not just Dorico-bashing. In many cases the complaints are well-founded and will, no doubt, be addressed forthwith.

It will get better. And much of it is already excellent.

Mike

Journey with good will, and criticism with honesty and kindness. Both and, not either or. Just do it with love.