I had to format my laptop recently

…so I wonder if I should install my Pro 12 now, or wait for 13 to come out? I’d rather start from a clean slate and with all of the recent leaks suggesting it will first come out on 13th Sept, then on 20th Sept is it reasonable to just wait couple of days/weeks and install then?

I don’t make money with music, it’s just a hobby so there’s hurry :slight_smile:

The existing app normally gets replaced with the new one, so I don’t think it matters all that much to be honest. I don’t know if C13 will use newer system libraries that makes those that C12 installed with obsolete, that’d be the only benefit you’d gain in regards to being ‘cleaner’ or not.

Do you have existing preferences that you were bringing from your old install? If that was the case I would put C12 on now, get them copied across, and then when C13 comes it can upgrade those preferences as part of the install/first run (if needed).

If you’re going totally vanilla then wait a week and see, it’ll be fun being disappointed again next Wednesday, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re going totally vanilla then wait a week and see, it’ll be fun being disappointed again next Wednesday, right? :slight_smile:

I might just do that :smiley:

And no, I don’t have any preferences saved, because I only upgraded to Pro (from Artist) on 10th or 11th Sept and formatted the laptop shortly after (for other reasons) without even installing the Pro version.

The VI Control thread will be on its 50th page by then haha! I’ve been tempted to sign up on there myself with all the discussions.

I don’t know why there’s so much talk everywhere else, and very little on this forum, I suspect that threads are being locked/closed out - so perhaps it is very close/sensitive!

1 Like

There was a big topic here last week with leaked features & screenshots, but it was removed.

I’d like to think that on this forum people are generally well behaved. Surely it’s the result of what mods allow to pass and what they filter out.

Errr, no. A new version usually gets installed in parallel to any existing version.So I’d recommend to actually wait.

3 Likes

People behaved very well in that topic, IMO.

But obviously I can see why an OFFICIAL Steinberg forum is reluctant to have discussions about leaks, as the info might not be accurate and/or points out to secrecy issues in the company.

1 Like

I really screwed up there. You’re right it does. Sorry @antic604 !

1 Like