I have an interesting problem

On the morning of June 4 2022, I ran into a big issue with all of my cubase projects.
I accidentally fell asleep the night before while one of my projects was playing on a loop just fine,and when I woke up I closed up cubase and went to bed.The next morning I went to open up the same project and had the loop cursor set right at the beginning of the song, pressed play and all of my midi data was trashed, the track started in the middle of the song even with the cursor set at the start, the metronome was not making any sound, and when I took the track off loop there would be no audio. This problem applies to all of my projects, including the past ones I have completed. I have thought that updating my software would work, but it did not and have thought of uninstalling the application as a last resort. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless.

First thing I would do is start in Cubase Safe Mode, and disable preferences, and observe whether the problem is reproduced.

1 Like

If you have auto backup enabled then you should have backup files

1 Like

There’s another Topic talking about this exact issue :

Apparently bugs like that happens when Cubase runs for too long. Generally, people were talking about keeping it open for more than eight hours (overnight) then they went back to the computer and Cubase was glitching really bad.

1 Like

But the OP is saying that Cubase was running fine when they woke up. Then they shut Cubase down. Upon reopening they observed the problem.

Let’s see what the OP comes back with.

1 Like

Thank you guys for the tips. I tried safe mode,but that didn’t work.
I was thinking to uninstall and reinstall as my last resort
As for my backups, all of my projects are thrashed up from past to recent, so the application is the problem. I wouldn’t have thought that cubase would have some major issues as my first big problem was that my metronome stopped working and I fixed that by going back to a past project, save, close it up, open my current project, and the click was back as simple as that. This issue is has bummed me out since I’ve been going H.A.A.M. on a recent project and want to continue writing. Once again thank you for your experienced feedback and will be back to see what you guys have to say. God Bless.