I know this has been covered but.. no mp3 playback

After 5-6 tries to export a project as an mp3 most of them had no sound, even though they where the right sized files. One of them did play back but really loud and several of them had partial play back. Since it has been covered in other thread I think it must be concluded that this is a problem. I have win7 i5 all updates (including Dorico)

What version of Dorico are you using? I know we have/had an issue with empty export files, but since I’m still on holidays, I can’t recall if it has been fixed already or not. I have to check when I’m back in the office next week.

In the meantime, could you please try with following procedure: Before starting an export, rewind the playback locator to the start position of the piece and start the playback for 1 or 2 seconds, then initiate the export.
Does the export succeed in that case?

Also, how about export to WAV format? Same problem with you?

[i also have the same problem. i am using accer Aspire E1 -431 laptop with intel B950 processore, windows 7 and cubase element 8(updated as well). exported mp3 or Wav file do not play back. please guide.

First of all, do make sure that sound does come out of your speakers/phones when normally playing back.
If this doesn’t work, you’ll have no luck with export either.

Then, before initiating the export, please push the ‘Rewind to Beginning’ button on the top right side of the Dorico window, the position display jumps back to “1.1.1.000”. Even if it is already at “1.1.1.000”, still, push the ‘Rewind to Beginning’ button and then invoke the export. In that case the export should succeed.

Please try and let me know.

We’ve found the cause of this problem and we’ve got a fix for the next update. Please see the workaround in this post: