I love Cubase Pro 8

+1 from me

I’m loving the new window handling - I have 6 displays on my setup, 3 on the desk and 3 over my piano keyboard. I couldn’t do this effectively before because the window management was a pest, now its easy and I stay in the flow, not turning back an forth from keyboard to desk display. Productivity is definitely up.

I’m hoping to make some hotkeys for window management using a multi monitor control program today to combine with Cubase Workspace functions. My hope, one button push and all the windows go to either keyboard or desk on each of their original monitors.

Some awesome posts here everyone! Please though, if anyone is having issues report them to Steinberg. Trust me, they ARE listening. I report all my “bugs/issues” in the “MySteinberg” area and they DO get back with you. I have been called two times by a tech. Very cool cat, and he is listening. We can’t help the software get better if we aren’t doing our part and reporting the issues that we find. Coming on here and posting them is cool, but it isn’t enough.

Cheers all!

+∑∞
Been using Cubase since SX3 and making music on 8.+ is a tremendously enjoyable experience. I can stack a ton of audio tracks, vst instruments and effects, the Asio guard keeps everything running smoothly. Love the plug-in manager, render in place, Quadrafuzz…, man the list goes on!
Installed the upgrade the day of it’s release, never regretted a second.
Thanks to all the talented people who worked on this version,
they are the reason I have some much fun doing what I love the most.

(wish I could share the joy) :smiley:

Cubase has so much power and flexibility built in; its really a great pleasure working with it daily.

I have not had any issues of audio quality when dealing with either MIDI and audio especially when working with samples of different native sample rates. As mentioned the Render In Place is exceptional… what you hear is what you export.

Stability is also rock solid here - no issues with multiple instances of Kontakt and or other VST Instruments up to as many as 86 tracks.

As for VSTi, there was RealGuitar which would hang Cubase when the GUI was closed; however, using jBridge solved that problem. Now running multiple instances of RealGuitar is a non-issue.

The other problem which has been highlighted is the sluggish Control Room meters. I do get that from time to time. The only solution at the moment is to restart the system and all is well. There are several discussions on this at the moment. I believe Steinberg is aware and they are looking into it. My suspicion is that this problem may be attributed to the throttling of the GPU clock.

All is well… cheers all :smiley: