I love my AXR4

SInce I ve been working with Recording business for over 20yrs.

I am thinking the AXR4 preamps are more better than neve 1073 copied preamps on the market.

and It’s silk function is very usefull , 'Cause I can color of any preamp’s color thru AXR4 preamps.

I’ve recorded another Session yesterday(Vocal & Acoustic guitar).

It is just a NEVE console sound.

Thats it. AXR4 is really Good only with These things

P.S . They should make AXR8 - ADAT Extended 8ch Preamp unit. and AXR2 - Desktop Audio interface with ADAT input.

I agree now that Ive tried it, the preamps are very nice! Wouldn’t say Neve 1073, but they do sound very modern, natural but detailed and lively. I was a little sceptic about the emulated silk feature, having owned a pair of 542 before, but they did it right, it does sound pretty much like the hardware silk in those. The only issue with mine was that the silk encoder knob was faulty. Now I understand why I got such terrific deal on it. Anyway, I opened it and had a peek inside, already ordered a replacement encoder that I will swap myself. Pretty impressive on the inside for sure. For half the price of a new one, I cant complain, Really enjoying this interface. One thing I noticed though, when using the interface offline (computer off), if I want to use the link 1, 2 or 3,4 function, it doesn’t seem to work, editing preamp level or whatever else in one channel doesnt mimick same settings on the other. Only when computer is on, it works as it should. Anybody experienced this? Seems like a bug. Also, would like that state of mute function would be saved with a scene. Also having a selector for output operation level on the outputs, just like its the case with the line inputs, would be a nice option to have. One thing I guess is just the way it is, connecting a line output to ch1-4 just passes the signal through the mic pre’s, and doesn’t seem to be a separate circuit, wich means one has to use the pad and adjust level to match, correct?

Btw can someone confirm how many steps does the silk knob have in one turn please. I bought 24 and 12 steps/ turn magnetic encoders, because I was unsure, never occured to me to simply ask here :face_with_hand_over_mouth: