I’m Done with Nuendo 10.3

Come on guys, you can put one and one together, no?
Are you using a lot of vst3 plugins with low latency, yes or no?
A lot of VST2 plugins?
So only this information can give you a clue if vst3 suspend is applicable for you or not.
And best of all, just try the different settings.

Same for ASIO guard.
The description in the manual should give you enough clues if you need it or not.

ASIO-Guard
The ASIO-Guard allows you to shift as much processing as possible from the ASIO real time path to the ASIO-Guard processing path. This results in a more stable system.

The ASIO-Guard allows you to preprocess all channels as well as VST instruments that do not need to be calculated in real time. This leads to fewer dropouts, the ability to process more tracks or plug-ins, and the ability to use smaller buffer sizes.

ASIO-Guard Latency
High ASIO-Guard levels lead to an increased ASIO-Guard latency. When you adjust a volume fader, for example, you will hear the parameter changes with a slight delay. The ASIO-Guard latency, in contrast to the latency of the audio hardware, is independent from live input.

Restrictions
The ASIO-Guard cannot be used for:

Real time-dependent signals

External effects and instruments

Same thing: test and tweak to your linkings.
I have machines where activating ASIO guard gives me better performance, I have machines that suffer from it.

And to conclude:
I suggested to check if those settings were not changed during the upgrade.
The proper answer would be: Yes, or no.
On that basis we can try to identify the problem.

HTH
Fredo

I put one and one together but that still doesn’t explain all the CPU spikes that started with Nuendo 10.3, same as it started with Cubase 10.5.

Nothing in your post explains or offers a solution. And like one poster above stated so eloquently, the manual is not the Kabbalah, a book on Jewish mysticism.

Folks on OSX having problems- what interface are you using?
Folks on OSx having still producing content instead of troubleshooting- what interface are you using?
I’m using a Focusrite Red4Pre- Problems with 10.3

Ted, if spikes are the main issue to make you quit N10.3, have you tried toggling on and off the Delay Compensation button?

I do that as part of my work flow, because not only spikes get worse as the project grows,
but my CPU measurement starts getting higher too.

So what I do is turn off Delay Compensation - spikes go back to zero, then
after 5 seconds or so turn it back on. It usually calms spikes for a while.
I do that specially before exporting.

Exactly!! Worse as the project grows!!

I’ll try your suggestion. Thanks for trying to help. Sometimes I feel like John the Baptist here - a voice crying out in the wilderness. Ha.

Lol!
I know what you mean, but try not to lose your head. :wink:

Try also a buffer of 512 and not lower, until you are done troubleshooting, or at least until
the system stabilizes a bit (no pun intended).

It’s been impossible for me to use it. I tried, but had to move back to 10.2.

Crashes nad crashes all the time. Loading plugins crashes everything. It’s been a nightmare.

Any solution yet??

PC or Mac, and which OS?

No, still in 10.2. Not nice.

I really hope your problems will be gone soon, but I would like to state that as a general rule asking a technical question on a forum, you should provide all the specifications of your system with it first, otherwise it is really hard to solve it together with you.

And as you can see, people ARE really trying to be helpfull.

So, edit your signature text and provide all the essential data you have, at least:

• OS (the exact version) & PC Hardware (especially if you work on a Hackintosh)
  • Interface

Thanks in advance!