I made an OS Bootable Media - how do I test it?

I’d worry less about the recovery of your OS than backups of your data. An OS can always be installed fresh from scratch. But if you loose that single copy of your symphony, it’s gone.

The key to backups is to have redundancy. I have backups that are automated to run daily. Last year I had my DAW fail due to a disk failure that had been happening in the background for awhile. Because of this some of the backed-up data was already corrupted before it was backed up. So when I went to restore files from my most recent backup a bunch of it couldn’t be successfully recovered. But I was able use backups from a month earlier to recover most of the missing files. The only things lost were corrupted files that had been created within that month. Without that redundancy a bunch more would have been lost.

Don’t know your computer type, but on a PC you can boot from the media to verify it boots without taking further action like recovery - or at least if you made it using Windows. Have no idea what AOMEI is.

2 Likes