i need help cubase elements 8

hello
i have a problem with midi imputs , y have a yrp-141 piano and i connect to the computer by cubase 8 and all works great except: when i push a pedal , it produces and record a note how can i solve this problem, hello from spain
i only want to the sustain pedal do his work to record piano songs, and i have a yt channel for myself music
Thank you

when Cubase record external-send MIDI-signals, Cubase will always produce notes in a MIDI-part. that´s how it goes. what´s your problem exactly? que es tu problema exactalmente?

Hola!

Sounds like you have not set local to Off on the keyboard… by doing so, you send raw midi data to Cubase alone. With local on, you also use the internal sound engine of your keyboard/ epiano, which can cause unwanted notes to play… By routing the midi from Cubase back to the ep, with local off, you can play the piano again. Then route your audio out of the piano back into Cubase and you have your ep play any midi instrument when the vst is selected, but yoiu play the piano sound when you have the audio track with the ep armed.

I hope this helps!

So the sustain pedal, plays a note instead ?

yes, i only push it and it sounds a note
i want to record piano songs in the computer but i cant do it correctly becouse i cant use the pedal
thanks

What is your midi interface?

i have a normal midi cable . i have not idea aboutt midi and cubase i only search how literally should i do for record the piano and the pedal for play piano songs correctly and the computer capt the sounds correctly https://www.google.es/search?q=cable+midi&espv=2&biw=1356&bih=618&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi3lqzAq5LPAhVFKsAKHWZWDS0Q_AUIBigB#imgdii=ap4k9qa2pv9PIM%3A%3Bap4k9qa2pv9PIM%3A%3BZy36qJY29w79vM%3A&imgrc=ap4k9qa2pv9PIM%3A

thanks for help me but i find a form to go into the computer and solve this problem, because i have not idea about midi interfaces and programming apps, i want to record my piano perfectly because i want to do my classical piano album and i dont know how to put on the pedal in cubase
my finish line would playied the piano and cubase records it literally with pedals on real time
i dont now if i explain correctly in english bacouse i m 14
thanks for all you atention and i hope we can write another time

https://www.google.es/search?q=cable+midi&espv=2&biw=1356&bih=618&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi3lqzAq5LPAhVFKsAKHWZWDS0Q_AUIBigB#imgdii=ap4k9qa2pv9PIM%3A%3Bap4k9qa2pv9PIM%3A%3BZy36qJY29w79vM%3A&imgrc=ap4k9qa2pv9PIM%3A

thanks for help me but i find a form to go into the computer and solve this problem, because i have not idea about midi interfaces and programming apps, i want to record my piano perfectly because i want to do my classical piano album and i dont know how to put on the pedal in cubase
my finish line would playied the piano and cubase records it literally with pedals on real time

https://www.google.es/search?q=cable+midi&espv=2&biw=1356&bih=618&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi3lqzAq5LPAhVFKsAKHWZWDS0Q_AUIBigB#imgdii=ap4k9qa2pv9PIM%3A%3Bap4k9qa2pv9PIM%3A%3BZy36qJY29w79vM%3A&imgrc=ap4k9qa2pv9PIM%3A

This is a midi to usb interface…a “normal” midi cable has midi plugs both ends but won’t connect directly to the computer.

I have heard that some cheaper cable interfaces like this can cause this exact problem. You might do better with a name brand like M-Audio or Roland for example…or is it possible you have an audio interface with midi capability?..do you have any audio interface?

if I understand correctly, you want to record piano only into Cubase, so did you set it up now to record audio only? That would make the recording more authentic in my opinion, and cut out any unwanted midi interaction.

Advantage of midi recording is that you indeed have better control over the individual notes afterwards, but is that what you really want?

don´t be afraid, we´re just all beginners :wink:

you´re produce your own piano album with fourteen? omg :astonished: :open_mouth:

shure, whenever you want. :wink: