I really love Dorico

Today I have finished my first arrangement for marchingband in Netherland. I’m an Finale user since 1994 (version 3).
Dorico works fantastic! Changing the quarter note from 5 (Finale) to 6 is difficult to change after 23 years, but slowly I will learn.

Masterpages, layout, Lock Durations etc etc, it is really good.

I will thank Daniel and his team for the answers I’ve got on the forum. Also the other users who have post bugs, tips!

Up to the next arrangement.

After so many negative words here on the forum, it is so nice to also hear the positive ones. Thank you very much and please spread the word.

Thanks, Cees, I’m really pleased to hear you have completed your first project in Dorico. I hope it is the first of many.

sure, the nature of my work implies that I can’t complete projects in it YET, but the more I use it, the more I LOVE it!

I second what Comp said: I love Dorico. I rewrote a small piano project that I had in Sibelius – about 5 pages long. I’ve found Dorico to be quite responsive on this small project (and I love the interface: much easier to input notes).

My rig is an Early 2015 13" Retina Macbook Pro, 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 1867 Mhz DDR3 RAM, SSHD Running Sierra 10.12.1. I plan to plug in to a large monitor later. Haven’t tried MIDI input yet.

IMHO: Dorico is a venture for all composers to support, since other options either suck or are not under active development anymore or both. Dorico is our future.

You can change the shortcut under the Preferences>Key Commands, Note Input>Set Note Durations. I have changed my quarter note to a “4” since that’s what I’m used to from another program. :slight_smile:

I do too, +1

Yup, me too!

Jesper