I still Cannot Save Plugin Settings

Ok so i asked this question a while ago & never got a satisfactory answer so i thought i would try again.

My problem is that i cannot save any presets for any plugins. Let me explain.
I make adjustments to lets say a waves reverb & i am happy with the settings. Now if i go to save it as a preset i cannot do it. The save option just doesn’t work. I cannot click on it. I have tried various different ways to save & different plug ins all with the same outcome.

Strangely there are no presets showing either to load.

Any ideas? I have done a complete reinstall & no difference

I believe you can only save steinberg’s settings and sound presets. I don’t think you will be able save other manufacturers plugins unless they allow it in the VST. But you can save the project and that will save the settings / adjustments as well…

Since you’re on a Mac, this might help:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203538

I remember this helped me fix a similar issue when trying to save presets in Cubase 8.5 where it would not allow me to save any presets whatsoever. It won’t hurt to try. Good Luck!

Not true as far as I know. I just tried it with U-he Diva and Cubase presets seem to work fine.

There might be some plugins where it doesn’t work though.

I have just done my annual re format of my iMac today & installed everything from scratch inc Cubase.
Would you believe it but everything works great now. I can save anything i like!
So i have no idea what happened but a total clean fresh install on everything inc O SX, Cubase & plugins cured it.
Radical but did the trick.

Is this a Mac Thing?

I believe you should be able to save any Waves preset under the Waves save/load system or Steinbergs system.

I often use both.

It’s not a thing on any o/s as the rest of the thread confirms.
It was most likely a permissions corruption in the o/s that could have been repaired as described in the link Evernote provided.

I had this same problem on a brand new demo of Cubase 11 Elements with a basically fresh install of macOS Catalina (installed DAWs and plugins, little else). Here’s what I did to fix it:

1. From the Finder menu bar, choose Go > Home. Your home folder opens.
  2. Choose File > Get Info. An Info window for your home folder opens.
  3. If the Sharing & Permissions section at the bottom of the window isn’t open, click the triangle in that section to open it.
  4. If the Lock button at the bottom of the window shows a closed lock, click the lock and enter an administrator name and password.
  5. Click the Action menu in the bottom corner of the window, then choose “Apply to enclosed items.” Click OK to confirm the action. A progress bar appears at the top of the window.
  6. When the progress bar completes, open the Terminal app, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
  7. Paste or type this command in Terminal, then press Return: diskutil resetUserPermissions / id -u
    (On U.S. keyboards, the ` character is just above the Tab key.)
  8. When the process completes, quit Terminal.
  9. Reopen Cubase and it should be fixed. I did not need to restart my computer.

I suspect that the installer failed to notice a permissions error or messed up the permissions of a necessary folder. If someone else encounters this issue, give the solution above a shot.

1 Like

Hi, I tried it but the step 5. is not highlighted in my case and not possible to be executed.
I run anyway the terminal but the issue in Cubase is still there (I can’t save VSTs/plug ins presets and default presets). I am running now Monterey but the issue was already there with Catalina and started when reinstalling Cubase.