I thought this was easy but it's not MIDI recording using multiple takes C12 (take 2)

Got in a mess trying this, messed up my post too, so starting a new post. This is what I want to do, it’s proving harder than it looks.
Basically, I often like to write notes in using Notation, but am not so keen on writing CCs using a pen, I like to wobble faders…

So in order to achieve this, this is what I want to do:

• Record a MIDI melody in a Loop, do NOT record any CC (e.g CC11) at this stage, just the notes - this is the easy bit
  • Go back over the Loop and add multiple CC takes with say CC11, in different lanes, whilst hearing the melody.
  • Replay the original melody whislt selecting another (CC controller recorded) lane, to play at the same time.
  • Once all CC lanes have been auditioned, (with the melody playing) then select the best one and merge this with the Melody lane.

Here are my current settings.:
In Preferences/Record/MIDI set ‘Replace Recording in Editors’ to Controller. TBH I do not really understand what this does, but was advised to do this.
MIDI Record Mode is set to: New Parts and Stacked.

I have tried using the Comp Tool to select a CC track to audition but doing this solos the lane and silences the Melody on lane one. The tool seems to be designed more around chopping up bits of lanes and creating a mosaic of lanes.
Once I have been able to achieve auditioning the different takes in the CC lanes, then it looks to me that the Glue Tool will do the job of merging the CC lane selected with the original note melody lane. However I have not yet been able to audition the CC lanes seperately, without siliencing the melody.

I tried using the mute tool too but it did not behave well.

There may be something simple that my remaining neuron is missing

Any ideas gurus?

Z

A post was merged into an existing topic: MIDI recording, I thought this was possible, even basic, but now not so sure