I uninstalled WL 9.5.5 and WL 10.0.10 and did a fresh install

I am on a PC running Windows 10 pro. I used this program IObit Uninstaller, Best Uninstall Tool for Your PC - IObit to do the uninstall. (MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR PRESETS FOLDERS IF YOU GO THIS ROUTE). Then I did a fresh install of both WL 9.5.5 and WL 10.0.10. So far it seems to be working well with no glitches. I know this is extreme but I could not put up with all the problems in 10.0.10. When you run IObit Uninstaller, Best Uninstall Tool for Your PC - IObit it will ask if you want to remove all the extras associated with the programs it just removed from your computer. If you say yes it will take out all your cached WL files for both 9.5.5 and 10.0.10. I wanted to make this clear so you are warned. :exclamation: BE CAREFUL!!! :exclamation: You will also wipe out all your recent files and recent montage listings. :exclamation: BE CAREFUL!!! :exclamation:

You will have to reset WL as a fresh install (which it is) It took me about an hour to do the uninstall and the reinstall. I did 9.5.5 first and then 10.0.10.

I don’t recommend this for anyone else but it seemed to work for me. When I did the reinstall of WL10 I did not tell it to import the settings from WL9.

I used the newly installed WL 10.0.10 for four hours and NO PROBLEMS :smiley: . I hope this fixes what ever was wrong :wink: . FWIW

This is good news, Thomas. I lost my Samsung SSD M.2 C drive a month ago and install fresh everything including WL and I’m very happy with WL10.0.10. As far as my minor issues with WL10 are concerned, at this point I can’t help but think that the multiple updates to Win10 could have been a contributing factor. Even now I’m still on 1903 and will stay here for at least another month. I hope your fix holds.