I want to know cubase10.5 is upgraded to nuendo13. Can cubase still be used?

I want to know cubase10.5 is upgraded to nuendo13. Can cubase still be used?Because cubase10.5 is eLicenser and Nuendo is steinberg. If eLicenser goes out of service in 2025, can I still upgrade from cubase10.5 to nuendo?

Welcome to the forum

Your Cubase license will not be deactivated, so it will continue to work. Just keep the USB eLicenser connected to the machine, it doesn’t need a license server.

No, that requires the eLicenser Servers to be available and that is going away. See the detailed explanation here:

Your wording is a little vague.

If you updgrade from Cubase 10.5 NOW, yes Nuendo 13 will work…and with your dongle connected, 10.5 will work…side by side.

You threw a second twist in your wording…if you try to upgrade 10.5 IN 2025…that probably won’t work as the server is gone then.

However, if you’re doing the upgrade NOW…and then travel out there to 2026 or whatever…your Cubase 10.5 and Nuendo XX will continue to work side by side…unless your dongle breaks …at that point…you’re out of luck with 10.5. You won’t even be able to replace, transfer licenses, transfer dongles, etc.

I think that’s the way it works.

That is exactly what the Support documemz explains in all Details.

Thank you very much for your earnest reply. My English is not good. Thank you very much :slight_smile: