I want to update to Halion7 but do not know if I have Halion Sonic 3 or not

This matters because the upgrade price is significantly lower than the ‘new customer’ version.

I’m currently running Cubase 13 Pro with Halion Sonic 7.

How do I find it FOR CERTAIN that I am eligible for an upgrade from Halion Sonic 3 to Halion 7? I’ve been using Cubase since 1999 and this is still confusing with VSTs having similar sounding names with slightly different features.

I’ve tried installing Sonic 3 from the download store, but it says it’s already installed. . . yet only Sonic 7 opens.

I’m so confused, this is a $200 question in price I’m about to pay.

HALion Sonic 3 was sold as a separate product. If you own a license, it should therefore be listed somewhere in your MySteinberg account, probably in the eLicenser section. Cubase came with a reduced version called HALion Sonic SE 3 that was available for free too.
I guess, if you didn’t buy HALion Sonic separately, you don’t own an upgradable license.

2 Likes

I guess, if you didn’t buy HALion Sonic separately, you don’t own an upgradable license.

Thank you, that seems to be the case after checking my licenses. For me, the price is a bit steep on the full version just for custom microtuning options (importing scala files).

1 Like

Yes, I agree, that’s quite an investment. If you don’t need it now, it’s probably worth waiting for the next sale. Maybe HALion will be included in the next Spring or Easter sale.

HALion is sometimes included in the sales, but not this time round. However, Absolute 6 is in the current sale, which includes HALion 7 - that might be a better deal for @sml808 .

1 Like