I will come back, hopefully soon

After numerous problems with e-licenser/Dorico/Cubase, I decided to delete them all and reinstall.
I am so fed up after 2 years of Steinberg, all I want is to reinstall Dorico, and export all my scores to Overture 5, XML.
I just installed Dorico and e-licenser comes with it, I don´t need the rest, (sounds, Cubase etc.)
BUT after re-installing just Dorico, the only thing that opens as admin is the e-licenser, blank, zero options to input any activation…
Thanks in advance.

Dorico won´t open either , not even as admin, or to give me a chance to “reactivate”.

OK, so after numerous tries I finally rebooted and could open both, only as admin.
I will patiently export all my scores to Overture5 and continue there. Sorry, Steinberg, Dorico was a nice toy for me for the last 2 years, but the number of hours wasted with these issues is way over the top.
I will come back someday if you can provide a simple, user-friendly experience.
That is exactly what I get now from Overture5, plus an awsome loop function, plus an integrated suite with a cool (simple), Dwa, and a flawless XML import (it even imports all my hard-worked fingerings from Dorico).
I don´t want to be too cruel, just hope Steinberg finally listens to the endless complaints, especially regarding the e-licenser nightmare. I would love to come back, but to be honest, I think it will take a long time.
Allt he best ansd u all stay healthy.

1 Like

I think they have listened to the feedback on the eLicensor, and by indications it’ll be here by the end of the year. Sorry for your trouble otherwise.

2 Likes

Concha, thank you for the description of your terrible problems with the eLicenser and your honest decision to switch to another program.
Could you do us a little favour to remove the word HELP from the title of this thread - as it could mislead people into thinking, you are looking for help?
Thank you - and hopefully we will see you back again at some point :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I fear you may be back with Dorico sooner than you think. Enjoy Overture --I agree that it presents a nice friendly user experience but I suspect when you encounter the bugs you may no longer find it to be the answer to all your dreams. But you’ve obviously had a bad time with eLicenser and with luck it will be history if and when you consider returning to these shores. I had in fact considered upgrading to Overture 5 from 4 but in the end am glad I chose the path I did.

1 Like