IAA apps won’t open in Cubasis3

Hi all, since updating my iPad Air 4 to OS15, I have found opening Cubasis3 now takes a long time, the screen freezes and is very dark. The same thing happens when opening a project, and after it finally opens, I can no longer select apps like Nave, iM1, iWavestation, Animoog, in fact any IAA apps in list browser, also tapping on a lane that does contain one of these apps will highlight, but no Mute/Solo or app launch is possible.
I have updated C3 to 3.3.3, but the problem remains. I have shut down and restarted the iPad but there is no change.
Any help or suggestions would be very welcome.
Mike.

I forgot to mention that all my IAA apps will launch in Stand-alone, but not in C3?. One minute I can launch C3 and it opens in a flash, the next time I launch it, it freezes for a couple of minutes with @ dark screen.
My older C3 projects that contain IAA apps work and they can be opened for editing etc, but I can no longer add or swap to a different IAA app, C3 just freezes when trying to do so.
I recently installed Audiobus 3, but I had to delete it because it was causing problems with the same IAA apps and Cubasis, but considering there are no problem reviews on Audiobus, I can only assume the problem is either the OS15.1 update or Cubasis3 3…3.3 update? Whatever it is causing these problems, it is driving me mad!
Mike.

Hi @fixitmania53,

Thanks for your message.

We are sorry to read about your issues.
Please give the following steps a try:

(1) Load the “New Project” template
(2) Set “Audio Engine Latency” to “OFF”
(3) Close all running apps, including Cubasis
(4) Fully shut down the iPad

Does everything work as excepted once relaunching the iPad and Cubasis?

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Before I had chance to read your reply, I reinstalled Audiobus 3 and input all my IAA apps to it, all the outs are set to C3, I then saved this preset setup in AB3 and closed it. Now every time I launch C3, it opens in a flash and I now have access to all my IAA apps in the browser bay, it seems like Audiobus 3 is an important requirement for Cubasis3 using IAA apps.
I am so happy that everything is back working as normal because, I spend 4 to 5 hours every single day on Cubasis3, it is the most Supreme App to have and use, my life would be pretty boring without it.
If any of the said problems do re-appear, then I will try your suggestion of turning Audio Engine Latency to off etc.
Thanks for your help.
Xmas is almost here…I hope you have a good one :santa:t2::beers:
Regards Mike.

Hi @fixitmania53,

Thank you for your message.

Normally, AB3 is not a requirement to use Inter-App Audio apps with Cubasis. Nevertheless, of course we’re glad to read that things work as expected again for you.

In this regard, please note that Audio Unit can be seen as Apple’s successor of the Inter-App Audio format (which no longer seems to be maintained by Apple for quite some time).

We strongly suggest to get in touch with app vendors to share your request for an AU version of their plug-ins, to make them aware!

Best wishes
& stay safe,
Lars