IC Pro works with cubase 8 Pro 32 bit, but not 64 bit Cubase


Im curently using Cubase 7.5 and Cubase 8 and have both 64 bit and 32 bit daws installed, im not using a ad hoc conection but have great sucess with using IC Pro with the 32 bit setups over my standard wifi setup. IC Pro is on my ipad air 2.

However i use 64 bit daw due to most my vst plugins being in 64 bit. My problem is that when using the 64 bit daw, my cubase ic pro does not detect my network. Ive manually tried inputting the ip address with no success.

Im convinced this is not a ic pro issue due to also owning Camel Audio Alchemy on the ipad not conecting to cubase 64 bit. I get the message please install apple bonjur within cubase 64 bit. However on cubase 32 bit camel audio ipad app connects perfectly.

Ive installed apple bonjur from itunes 64 bit and also Bonjour Print Services for Windows v2.0.2

im currently using windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition with the default windows firewall.

To sum it all up, everything works as it should when using the 32 bit version of the DAW, but not when using 64 bit version of the daw. This happens with cubase 7.5 and cubase 8.

Would be greatfull if anyone can help in resolving this.

Mine won’t connect either (64 bit Cubase 8).

I went back and checked on Cubase 7.5 64 bit. In my case it did connect, but complained about an out of date SKI extension. So, I uninstalled the old one and installed the newest one. That cleared up the problem on 7.5.

IC Pro finds my Cubase machine just fine, and in fact shows the correct IP address for it. When I try to connect, it times out.

May be related to your issue, maybe not. I’ll keep poking around and post if I find out more.

Ive got Steinberg SKI Remote installed, work fine on both 32 bit versions of cubase 7.5 and Cubase 8.

On the 64 bit versions of cubase, if i look within the devices section it shows connected but the Ipad IC Pro software does not pick up the computer connection.

I have seen the same thing as you (showing connected in Devices with Cubase 8, 64 bit), but the IPad not connecting. Not every time, though.

In the FAQ, it does say that the SKI extension must match the Cubase version (64 bit extension with 64 bit app). In my case, I’m not running the 32 bit version, so that wouldn’t be an issue. Could be with you.

The one thing that I’m wondering is if it could be attributed to a slow wireless connection. I’m using my home wireless network for connection, and where the music computer is located is in an area with weak signal, and as a result, not particularly zippy speeds. Now, it shouldn’t be an issue, but timings could have changed in the startup with Cubase 8 (I’m in the industry, and have seen stuff like this before…)

I was going to try a peer-to-peer connection, or drop a router right in the room to see if things improve. Haven’t done it yet.

The other thing would be to complain in the main Cubase thread, to see if anyone is working OK. If they are, they wouldn’t look at this group.