Iconica and Groove Agent – Content missing

Good evening,

I bought just the update Dorico 4 to Dorico 5. Excuse-me if I encounter a recurring problem.

I have installed all the recommended elements :

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (292.1 KB)

Thank you in advance.

It looks as if there might be a permissions problem, since it appears the files are installed, but for whatever reason the audio engine cannot read them. Can you check the /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content folder and do Command-I to open the Get Info window, then expand the Sharing & Permissions section, and make sure Everyone is set to Read only: from the little drop-down below, choose Apply to Enclosed Items, which will then make all of the files inside the folder readable

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately, it didn’t help :

Can you check that e.g. the file FCP_SMT_137_Groove_Agent_SE.vstsound is present and correct in /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound/? (That’s one of the files that you’re being told is not found.)

I did nothing find about Groove Agent SE in the asked folder.

The “Groove Agent” folder is empty.
I presume I must reinnstall the Groove Agent SE instrument and Groove Agent SE Content. Once downloaded, where wust I locate them?

It belongs into a folder underneath /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content, but you don’t need to put it there yourself, the installer shall do it. So go to the Steinberg Download Assistant and click on reinstall, that shall take care of everything. Btw, the Download Assistant first downloads everything into your Downloads folder, but immediately after that copies every thing into the respective target folders. Let us know if you think these instructions are too difficult.
Cheers
Ulf
P.s.: Afterwards you may clear the Downloads folder.

Thank you for your answer. The problem persists.
The “Groove Agent” folder is always empty in /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/

Best regards.

Did you clean up the Downloads folder or do you still have the GrooveAgent sound content package lying around there? In the Downloads folder is a subfolder Steinberg, have a look in there. If there is the GrooveAgent contents package, double click on it, that should trigger also the installer. Do that install properly into the expected location?

I did not already clean the folder. I followed what you say and have this message:

On another side, I found the missing files, but in another folder: /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/HALion/VST Sound. The /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/Groove agent/VST Sound is empty.
In all cases, I tried once again to launch Dorico 5, without more success.

And what does the Steinberg Library Manager say? Does it show the GrooveAgent content and if so, where does it “think” it is? Please click the Details button to check.