Iconica Sketch Playback Template Not Showing in Dorico 5.1

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.4 MB)

Hello team!

I’ve upgraded to Dorico 5.1 (dowloaded and installed everything (green ticks all round. However, Iconica Sketch is not available in my list of Playback Templates - either in the Play Menu or the Play section of Preferences. I have attached my Help Diagnostics. Any ideas! Many thanks!

You should somehow re-download stuff. Dorico will offer you the various playback templates (with Iconica sketch, GASE, Olympus choir etc) only if everything has been downloaded correctly. And by correctly, I mean using the Download All button in the SDA. I know, because I have had the same problem. I’m also a Cubase 13 user, so I already had Iconica Sketch. So I thought there was no need to re-download it. Well, I was wrong. Re-downloading everything solved the problem :person_shrugging:
Hope it helps!

Thanks Marc! I had already done that - but just to make sure, I’ve done it again. I’ve used the Download All button in SDA. Everything appears to be present and correct. All the ticks are green and all the material (Iconica Sketch, Olympus Choirs etc) are available to Cubase Pro 13. But still no Iconica Sketch Playback Template in Dorico!

Ideas? Anyone? Daniel?

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.1 MB)

Andrew, you’re missing one bit of the HALion Sonic Selection content set, which will mean that none of the factory playback templates will appear. The missing file is FCP_SMT_078_HSSE_GM_Presets_01.vstsound, which should be in /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound. Check and make sure that the file is present and that it’s showing up correctly in Steinberg Library Manager.

Thanks, Daniel!! That sorted it! For some reason, the file in question was in /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/HALion/VST Sound. A quick shuffle around with the Library Manager and all is well! Thank you so much!