I'd like stripped down version of Cubase

I agree, yes it would be more programming etc. I just think for the hardcore users who know exactly what they want and need would benefit from it. I’d really like a pro type version without all the extra vst’s, instruments, control room, vst connect, video, etc. I also don’t need a top notch score editor. I am a songwriter and producer. What is important to me, may not be important to the next man. Other people might agree or disagree. I personally think it would be an interesting marketing technique. You literally get what you pay for. I am not trying to be cheap, but PRO is expensive, especially to the home studio user or beginning songwriter/producer.
It would be an open source type of software and you can purchase exactly what you need and omit what you don’t.

I also see it as paying for Cubase and getting a starter kit of plug-ins with it.

What I’d personally want is being able to select what components I want to download in the Steinberg Download Assistant, not just the whole package.

The “bloat” can easily be removed manually via the File System.

I know, but I am talking about not including it and giving us a full feature DAW instead.

I fully agree:

• Project window
  • midi,audio and sample editors
  • mixer
  • Studio connections

that’s it, they can keep the rest, 25,00 euro each year to keep current and I’m happy.
problem with reaper is that it’s so dammnn ugly, all the skins make it even more ugly. it’s super cluttered and it’s “anti workflow” is a 100% opposite from Steinberg DNA. I really can’t gell with Reaper, I’ve tried, but it’s so freaking unlogical.

Yup