I'd like to edit metadata in the preset browsers directly

hi ppl! :smiley:

Today I’d like to edit metadata in the preset browsers directly and I know you can use the MediaBay to edit metadata so that is not what this request is about. As it is now the process of tagging presets is too … hard! It’s not something you can do in the flow when you need it to be as unobtrusive as possible.

Let’s say I set up a synth VSTi with all kinds of synth type sounds and I set up an insert and send FX contraption and now the sounds starts to come to life and have a new impact. I change the presets in the preset and some sounds sound great for what I need and some does not at all sound what the name implies, not to me anyways, here and now. I need to edit the metadata.

So as I change the presets in the preset browser I see the metadata columns but I can’t change the settings for each preset like category and sub category. I can try to do this in the MediaBay but then it’s just the VSTi and not my FX contraption that I hear. No distortion, chorus, delay or reverb etc. Dead!

From a user standpoint it doesn’t look like much of a difference but what do we know about the code behind the curtains. It looks like it’s just a matter of adding the code from the MediaBay which let you change the metadata to the preset browsers and Bob is your aunts husband? I guess it’s more to it than that? But not undoable? :smiley: