I am working on a orchestral score with big percussion. My problem is, that in many pages I have different percussion setup. So I had to create a lot of Percussion Kits which contain duplicates of the same instruments, but in different setups.
For sure this is not an elegant solution. Dorico slowed down; I have unnecessary new Halion Sonic instances, and there is a problem with instrument names, because Dorico adds an ordinal number to every duplicated instrument.
My idea for future developement is to allow diferent setups within one Percussion Kit. It would look like this:
– I am creating a Percussion Kit and adding all the necessary instruments.
– within the „Edit Percussion Kit” there is possibility to add new tab called „Percussion Setup”, which contains all options of Percussion Kit.
– I can create as many „percussion setups”, as I want to and choose which instruments from Percussion Kit I want to include to them.
– I can give a name to every „percussion setup”
– in the score I can create „Percussion Setup” signpost, which works similar to „divisi” signpost. Every new signpost is changing „percussion setup”. And when I click on signpost, I can edit the Percussion Kit, change „percussion setup” or create new.
– visual representation in galley view is like in divisi feature.
Digression: speaking about the signposts, I would love to have signpost „change instrument name”, which works similar to „Bracket and Barline change” signpost.