Idea: Second chance to save a project after pressing "don't"

Hi!

So, a friend of mine’s been working on a project in Cubase. Someone called him and he made a fatal mistake of taking the phone before saving his project:) Then he pressed “don’t save” instead of “save” by mistake, and before he even realized it, the dialog screen appeared in front of him: “You have recorded new files since the last time you saved the project. Do you want to delete these?” Oh, the agony! He saw the project he didn’t save, it was still there, at the background, open and begging for salvation, but at that point he was beyond saving it. Good thing he could save the files and then manually place them in proper places.

So, the idea came to our minds as we were laughing about this pretty wide-spread incident: Since the project window is still there, at the background, maybe technically there is a possibility to add another button. “You have recorded new files since the last time you saved the project. Do you want to delete these?” : “Yes”/“No”/“I’m an idiot, please save both project and files”:slight_smile:

What do you think about it?

I think you basically need a Cancel button which would abort out of the whole process. But still, obviously “Don’t Save” means “Don’t Save” - once you’ve clicked on it, you’ve pretty much committed :wink:

This idea probably will never happen…

Perhaps you should consider changing the autosave frequency and max number of files saved.

Regards. :sunglasses:

not more unnecessary clicks.

Ouch.

I gotta say, I would not mind the option.
If there was one time, I don’t mind one click, I opt for this, because the alternative - making a mistake - is very bad.

On some of our most importnat software we use at work, they do have the “are you sure?” It can be annoying, but losing work is not an option.

ok, but then we also need a third “are you sure ?” so that we don’t lose work…

LOL - maybe the option should have a value field in the prefs.

Preferences: Are you sure option. No. of times: 22