If I have cubase pro, can I have also elements?

My question is because, I want to install elements on my MacBook Pro just to “play” some ideas when im traveling, is possible to have it? this one needs also the dongle? or how can I manage this license?

Yes you can “have” it. It will run with your pro-license.

ok but do I need dongle? or entering my pro license it will work?

If you want to run it with your pro license, You need your dongle.

I thought that you cannot run Elements with the Pro license. You would need to purchase an Elements license which does not require the license to be on a dongle. Then you can install Elements on the other computer and run it without a dongle or put the Elements license on the dongle (which might defeat the OPs purpose).

Another option would be to install your Pro software on the 2nd computer and run it by moving the dongle to it.

Regards :sunglasses:

1 Like

You can run Elements with a Pro License.
You do still need the dongle with the Pro license on it.

The only real use is to be able to compare versions and to check for compatibility as far as I can think.

Gee… I guess I misunderstood this for all these years. :blush:

I thought the Cubase pro license would only let you run your CB Pro and older CB versions of the same (Pro) level.

Meaning that if you had a Pro license but wanted to install an Elements version on a different computer that you would have to purchase a license for Elements for it to run. Elements would run on the 2nd computer with its own license on a SeL or, of course, you could transfer that license to a dongle and run it on the computer that has the dongle. To me, transferring the Elements license to a dongle when you wanted to use Elements on a 2nd computer just for listening like the OP does, seems like a waste as you could have just installed your CB Pro to the 2nd computer and ran that with the connected dongle.

Regards :sunglasses:

Must admit I found out by accident. I downloaded an Elements trial and it started working without the need for a serial number as I still had my dongle with the Pro license for the same version on it. Unplugged the dongle and it wanted a serial number.

1 Like

Must admit I found out by accident. I downloaded an Elements trial and it started working without the need for a serial number as I still had my dongle with the Pro license for the same version on it. Unplugged the dongle and it wanted a serial number.

If you’re going to be moving the dongle, you might as well have Pro on both computers.

1 Like

Here’s one for everyone…

I originally used the free version Cubase AI 8 on my laptop which I later upgraded to Elements 9 then on to 9.5, and I also installed on my desktop. This only requires the software eLicense. I then upgraded to the full version Cubase Pro 9.5 on my desktop and had to wait for the dongle to activate the license. I decided to load it only on my desktop instead and not my laptop to make sure I got it all working first (I have yet to upgrade my laptop to pro). This past week I upgraded to Pro 10 on my desktop. I still have 9.5 elements on my laptop and also my desktop. Elements works on both under the software license but Pro needs the dongle. Looks like I can upgrade elements to v10 but I’ll have to pay the $30 upgrade because it’s is not connected to my USB license although I used that license to upgrade to Pro. My laptop is not as powerful and has less storage as my desktop so I would like to keep elements on it but It would suck to have to pay another $30 to to keep upgrading elements along with Pro or I would hate to have to tote my dongle around. I would surely lose it. Ideally this is what I want but without the additional upgrade cost for elements. Any thoughts?

And by this you violated the EULA.

When I’m exporting a file to save as an mp3 or a wave, sometimes or more often it does not form as a file, it just appears blank. What can I do ?