If you multitrack editing with Folder Sync enabled lets talk

tried audio mixdown of my two drum tracks, as suggested cut them with comp hand plus alt it gives scissors,as suggested plus all my other ideas. it still only moves audio on one track fades moves ok volume moves ok audio warp nope not for me anyway. pop the tracks into R----R Ten mins job done…

RHM

Made a quick one minute video, see how it works for me:

marQs nice video but my last entry stated fade in yes, fade out yes, split yes, audio warp no, one thing missing on your video AUDIOWARP.

RHM

Multitrack audio warp is not yet there. I wish it would :wink:

I made a quick video a while back showing it breaking. I’ll do so again. Getting the time for these things is the problem.

Fully agree with the Elf. Once folder sync is enabled there should be no operation a user is doing that makes those files go out of sync. Cut, drag back drag forward push to back move to front, delete overalaps etc etc

I suspect that the reason multi-track audiowarp has not been implemented might be because they need to sort out group sync first?

Yes but we’re 3-4 iterations of major releases after the introduction of this feature with all sorts of silly things being added (in my opinion) without the strong core of the program being tightened up to deserve the ‘Pro’ badge. Its the reason why ProTools still has a hold. Avid dont keep on changing the interface, changing icons, changing where things are in the software and all along the way introducing new bugs and overcomplexity. I mean now with the Inspector, the lower zone and the mixer we have 3 ways of using the mixer. I was pretty happy with 2

Realizing that getting this perfect will take time and given that most people don’t appear to use it like those of us in this thread, it doesn’t seem likely that this will be a priority fix.

That being said I’d settle for more reliable and definitive warning system that said… if you do X function you WILL break sync". At least that way if we are in the middle of complex edits we will get a prompt and avoid the offending edit. I’d settle for this as an interim solution.

When it works it is incredibly powerful. I would think a robust version of folder sync is justified given the Pro status of the product.

But if Cubase knew enough to issue this warning, then it would know enough to keep the function in sync.

It needs fixing properly. When an automatic function is unreliable it might as well not exist at all.

I think I’ve noticed one reproducible way to break folder sync bug.

1. Create a folder and make sure folder sync is enabled
  2. Create 3-4 audio tracks inside this folder
  3. Record some audio on all tracks at once. Tracks should be in sync at this point.
  4. Select the Beam tool (2 on keyboard).
  5. With the mouse select over only 1 of the tracks in the fodler. The marquee will only highlight one track.
  6. While the mouse is still clicked in the down position hit delete on the keyboard.

Result:
The selected Audio on one track within the folder that was selected is deleted and the folder is now out of sync

System: Nuendo/Cubase 12.0.30
Windows 11