If your Cubase 11 license shows "not upgradeable" it means your update has completed OK

Yesterday my friend purchased the 11 to 12 pro upgrade which I’m tried to help him activate it ,
accidently used his code in my Steinberg Download Assistant and now on his size it says
code Already been issued , i checked in my steinberg it says i have 2 license now which one of them is not registered probably on the Elicensed , what my options are?

1 Like

Now you need to contact support to get you out of that corner.

Hopefully we will receive an answer soon , thank you.

The new Steinberg Licensing system licenses can be viewed here: https://account.steinberg.net/products

If you know you want to reformat your PC, you can click “Deactivate” in Steinberg Activation Manager, perform the upgrade, and then click “Activate” again to ensure that you don’t accidentally consume another activation.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Ben But I think I have to install Cubase Pro 11 first or direct the Cubase Pro 12 update

You mean that, for example, I loose my computer and my laptop in a fire, and someone stole my 3rd PC ( bad luck ok, but it could happen), i won’t be able to reactivate C12 'cause of the max 3 activations? (in these 3 cases, of course, it’s impossible to desactivate in Steinberg Activation Manager)And I will have to buy a new C12 licence? There’s no way to bring back these lost activations/reset them remotly?

Are you’re asking me what to install? I would go for the main Cubase 12 installer.

1 Like

These licenses are not lost - they are still in your account. Our support team would be able to help release the activations from your account.

1 Like

Yes Should I install complete Pro setup of Cubase Pro 12 Direct or should I have to install Cubase Pro 11 complete setup first or complete Cubase Pro 12 directly

Cubase Pro 12 direct.

1 Like

ok Thanks a lot for Your Precious Support.

Hello, I upgraded my Cubase 11 Pro to 12 , in my USBe licenser it happear that my Cubase 11 it’s not upgadable, I’ve activated my Cubase 12 with Activation manager and it says that it’s activated !
Good !
Unfortunately when I try to launch C12 an error message appears said : Impossible to find access point SetThread DpiHosting Behavior etc…( see printscreen below) and CB12 doesn’t start.
At same time if I try to open my ‘‘old’’ Cubase 11 and use Steinberg instrument like Halion SE or Padshop 2 it can’t find them anymore, it’s seems that during Cubase 12 upgrade they changed and Cubase 11 it doesn’t recognize them, and they don’t even show up in the plugin list.
What’s happened with this new Cubase ?
cUBASE START UP ERROR

This could be an indication that you’re running an older version of Windows. Which version are you using? The official system requirements are 64-bit Windows 10 Version 21H2 (or higher), 64-bit Windows 11 Version 21H2 (or higher)

Yes, I also thought this , I’m checking to upgrade my windows version.
I’ll let you know if this will solve the problem.
Thanks

What - how can this not impede someone to use Cubase 12 - if their third party products are not supported?!
Currently, I cant use Cubase 11pro or 12 - im totally dead in the water - Ive called support, Ive tried endlessly, its costing me and my studio paying clients… which are hard to get btw…

Hi @Mark_Rabin,

I see that you managed to complete the update process now. I’m sorry it wasn’t as smooth as we would have liked because of the difficulties with our eLicenser server.

No no, I was able to activate Cubase 12 yesterday, and can also use Cubase 11 and earlier.
I had the same issues like many, was not aware that it still relies on the old licensing system one last time to move to v12, but with patience, it will activate.
I do think Steinberg should do an an easy to follow guide to updating a licence from v11 to v12 for example, I was under the impression that Steinberg would automatically enable my account as it was within the grace period to v12, not a case of me making a request for the key, then activating it!
This to me is a very poor oversight.

My steps were (not 100% sure as I was troubleshooting along the way):

1 - Update e-Licencer and Activation Manager if you haven’t done so already, if you installed Cubase 12, it will do this automatically.

2 - Do a maintenace on the e-licencer, this bit can take a long time and may come up with various errors, just click on OK and continue until it’s done, if it doesn’t complete, I heard removing the USB licencer then inserting it back in again fixes the problem.

3 - Open the Steinberg Activation Manager,

4 - click on the person icon (top right)

5 - click the Grace Period Check, it will check and approve it if you are entitled, this can fail or take a long time. If approved/accepted, I think I clicked on the button (forget the title) in the middle of the window.

6 - It will then send a code to your registered e-mail.

7 - add this to the Steinberg download manager (even if you have download Cubase 12 from it already) in the “Enter your download access code” option on the top

8 - This will then open the e-licencer to update the records on there, which in turn, updates the new licensing system. I don’t recall if this is taken care in step two, you could jump to step 9, if that fails, come back to this.
This process may come up with errors, like server is offline etc, just be patient, it will complete. It’s using the old licensing system that has failed the last two years, hence the move to the new system, just wasn’t aware it still relies on the old system one last time (no impression given that it will still refer to the old licensing system since Cubase 12 was announced!!!).

9 - eventually, in the Steinberg Activation Manager, you will see the option to activate Cubase 12, click on it, wait a while and you’re done. I managed to activate Cubase on my laptop too.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I’m in the grace period but ger " Steinberg Activation Manager: No license found" Any ideas?

Hi @Steveo42 - welcome back to the forums!

Take a look at the steps on this page that you can follow: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115001891190-How-to-verify-eligibility-for-free-Grace-Period-update-

1 Like

Hi group, while we are all talking about the update to 12 I would like to ask a question too. 1) Will it install 12 as a separate program and my current version (artist 11) will still be here and will work from the dongle so I could run either program? 2) Is it possible to easily transfer my key commands, colors, folders of instruments, and folders of effects to 12 when it is downloaded rather than manually setting it all up again? Thanks!