iLok 1 support in Cubase 7

Quite. Anything to do with iLoks is fraught in my experience.

Anyway - anyone actually found a plug that DOESN’T work with ilok 1?

Did you update your iLok driver and iLok client software?

http://www.ilok.com/download-ilok-software.html

Outdated versions will cause your iLok to misbehave, just like an outdated driver for any other piece of hardware in your computer.

If you take time to figure out how it works, most of your issues will disappear. If it’s purely an issue caused by a bug in the iLok licensing ecosystem, then that is a valid cause for complaint, but in my 5 years of iLok use, I have yet to find any.

It’s like people who dismiss all pills (medicines) as bad and evil because they don’t know how it works and what it does to their body.

OPs issue is most likely outdated iLok software (and the last version before the July/October update was early 2009, so yeah, it’s probably outdated as hell).

I have an iLok v1 and iLok v2 - a long time!
I also took a lot of problems with them, and often visited the support
So, before you write here, I had 4:00 in the different operations with the drivers (and the old and new)
We say, “There is a problem” - for that would have seen it, and somehow help manufacturers … (at Steinberg has authority which can accelerate even release new drivers ILok)
I know a few guys (Mac and Pc) that have the same problem
But there are others - who do not have problems
I think the solution is on the surface and just need qualified support

I’ve had awful experiences updating licenses etc. Eventually I figured out that the web-based updater didn’t work in a 64 bit browser - insane, but there it is. I believe it still doesn’t. There’s nothing to tell you (probably in small print somewhere I guess) - it’s not intelligent enough to produce an error message saying “please switch to a 32 bit browser to update your licenses”.

Anyway, back to the point in hand (again) - any C7 users have any plugs that don’t work with v1?

Ilok v2 is where things are headed, I just started using my first one, I needed Ilok v2 so I could run the Eventide Native and Steven Slate plugins, I have had no issues whatsoever between 2 workstations.

I have read many reports of iLok 2 going through “blinking LED followed by death” problem within very short period of usage. I know things can get out of proportion on the net, but there was no such reports for iLok 1. I don’t know if it is to do with the early production of v2, some USB controller chipset not being compatible, or just plain misinformation. At the moment, I would prefer to avoid upgrading if I can. I was actually looking forward to v2 because of all the benefits, but after reading those reports I don’t want to.

Thanks noiseboyuk for the info, looks like iLok v1 is fine with Play in C7.

TYVM! I did the same…