I'm getting a bit desperate! Can anyone tell me what to do please?

I bought a UR22C some weeks ago, installed it and seem to be getting on with it reasonably well for the most basic functions, but over the weeks I have been unable to work out from either the instructions or the eLicenser where I should go to get the download of Cubase AI, let alone licence it.

The Steinberg site seems to say I should come here for support, yet the sticky at the top of this forum says I should go to Steinberg. It’s all a bit circular…

I’ve tried writing to this forum a couple of times, but either my message doesn’t get published (I can’t find my posts now).

This is what the eLicenser says. It seems mysterious to me - if my licence is registered, surely I have a valid Steingerb licence? And if so, surely I should be able to obtain a working copy of Cubase AI?

Your eLicenser with the number (numbers numbers) was successfully registered.
Currently, there is no valid Steinberg product license found on this eLicenser.

If someone can help I would be most grateful as I’m really on the verge of giving up…

Thanks, Gavin

Hi,

Please, delete the Soft-eLicenser Number from your previous post.

Your Soft-eLicenser is registered, but there is no license activated on it.

I guess you got Download Access Number with your Cubase AI. Enter this in your MySteinberg account. You will receive Activation Number. Use this in the eLCC application to activate and download your Cubase AI license.

You can download Cubase installer from the Steinberg Download Assistant.

Thanks for trying to help.

How can I follow your instruction please? There is no ‘delete’ or ‘remove’ button in the eLicenser.

Thanks gavin, Gavin Atkin

Hi,

I mean, delete the Soft-eLicenser Number from your previous post here on the forum, please.

I downloaded the software from your link (about ten hours!) and installed the main software and updates in order. Then fired up the software, then the eLicenser sked for my Product License code which I entered. But the software wouldn’t run. I tried again, and it told me the code had been used before - but wouldn’t let the software run.

I opened the eLicenser and ran the maintenance utility. It didn’t add a licence. And still the software won’t run.

It says I need to contact the vendor for a new code. I’ll try the Amazon company that sold it. But do I really need to go to the Amazon vendor that sold me this thing?

This is quite surprising. I have never before encountered an activation code that didn’t work!

Thanks, Gavin

I contacted the Amazon vendor. They can’t help. The only code available is the one in the box, and that doesn’t work.

So I’m stuck again.

Thanks, Gavin

Hi,

If you have activated it already, you can Reactivate. If this is a B-Stock and someone else activated it already, they should be able to find it out and provide you a new code.

I haven’t activated it. I wasn’t obviously B stock - it arrived unopened and shrinkwrapped.

So… I probably did something wrong, but I don’t know what!

Reactivation isn’t clear to me yet, but I will try reading it again. I don’t speak Steinberg yet!

Thanks, Gavin

I haven’t activated it. I wasn’t obviously B stock - it arrived unopened and shrinkwrapped.

So… I probably did something wrong, but I don’t know what!

Reactivation isn’t clear to me yet, but I will try reading it again. I don’t speak Steinberg yet!

Thanks, Gavin

My vendor asked Steinberg and obtained a new code, and the software now works - and I can already see what a steep learning curve I’m facing. Well, I’m pleased to have got this far.

Gavin

Yes Cubase AI is a steep learning curve and certainly not as intuitive as the previous DAW I had. Cubase is an amazing DAW once you get to grips with it though. :grinning: