I'm in Love

Watch the demo video.

Currently, I’m using a combination of Blue Cat’s Triple EQ, the built-in EQ interface, plus Blue Cat’s Frequency Analysis. This plug-in not only combines all of this but it gives you 24 bands with full stereo (meaning you can EQ only the left or the right side if you wish) and M/S capabilities.

It’s a bit pricey - USD$189 - but the video has me salivating, and that’s usually a sign that it’s a good value for the money.

Has anyone in here used this? If so, what are your thoughts on its usefulness, i.e. am I enamored by a good sales pitch or is this legit?

I intend no disrespect, but are you saying your psychosomatic response to an advertisement/marketing event represents something more than just gearlust? :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Shush you naysayer. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it’s great you have found an audio tool to love.

I watched (part of) the demo. I am not in love with it. When the narrater proclaims that LOUD sounds drown out quiet sounds of the same frequency, and then gives that effect a fancy psycho-whatchamacallit-name … I got visions of snake-oil salesmen … and esoteric philosophers that made a name for themselves for writing what is obvious even centuries ago. Turned me right off.

I use UAD-2 plugs almost exclusively, and have no reason to use anything else (I haven’t found anything that better suits my purposes). That may color me biased (thus I declare it). Everything in that demo can be achieved as well, or better, by many similar and competing plugs (certainly UAD-2 performs some of those function more elegantly).

I don’t mean to rain on your parade. I know it’s useless trying to talk someone into not being in love. I hope you enjoy a long and productive union.

The new Voxengo Curve EQ (included in C7) is very cool as well…

Only watched about half of the video but everything there sounded.logical to me . Fab Filter plugs have a great reputation from reviews I’ve seen. Fabfilter Mastering Bundle. Go for it!

+1

Digital EQ is a Digital EQ is a Digital EQ. They are basically all the same:
http://rhythminmind.net/1313/?p=361

Only “cool” thing about this EQ is separate MID/SIDE processing … but that’s available on many cheaper ones, too (isn’t it available in C7’s CurveEQ?).

Yeah, I’m the same way too. While I know the UAD hardware accelerator + plug-ins have a better reputation, I have a much easier time getting good results with a graphical EQ.

Now I’m torn. :confused:

I’d say download the 30 day demo and try it for yourself. The idea that all digital EQ’s are the same is pointless to me.This premise calls upon the user not to believe their ears if they hear a difference because there can be none. Its a matter of how it sounds and works for you; thats all that really counts. Try it side by side with other eq’s and focus on the results you get.

+1
{‘-’}

You might be interested enough to check out these http://www.ddmf.eu/ they are very good and very reasonably priced. They also do that mid/side thingymajig… :wink: .

Mauri.

I’m specifically interested in EQ because a) it’s extremely challenging for me to remember what bands correspond to what instruments (and which of those are important and which should be cut) and b) I’m a graphically oriented person. Compression, etc. is easier for me to deal with (save for multi-band compression) so it’s less of an issue for me to use the stock Cubase inserts.

I’m sure you’ve seen the many audio frequency charts around. Good guideline to have

A-maz-ing. Thank you!

This is also a good interactive chart
http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm
Check out some of their other resources too.

I’ve been using Pro-Q since it was released. I like it. You can download a 10-day trial.

Enjoy Larry,

The more gear the better. :slight_smile:

IMHO when running a studio, you never know
what a client is going to think sounds good.

‘Better to have and not need than to need and not have’.
{‘-’}

Hi Larry,

Also look at Brainworx stuff… they specialize in M/S and their free SOLO plug saves time.

In the rockin’ plugs department, one of the best native plugs I’ve ever, ever heard, and now own, is the Summit Audio Grand Channel from Softube, on sale now for $165… a STEAL.