Im losing my mind

Ever since I upgraded to Cubase 10 Ive had nothing but trouble
Crashes as I quit - open a song then another song and crash!!
get endless warning dialogs about not registered this that the other
Just loaded Halion 6 and it told me it wasn’t registered despite being so then crashed
Performed maintenance tasks with my elicencer several times updated to the latest version
No improvement whatsoever.
Its really put me off even opening the program
Any suggestion would be gratefully received

Is my elicener knackered?
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 13.03.49.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 13.13.38.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 10.54.49.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 13.03.49.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 13.13.38.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 10.54.49.png

Just got Halion working but as soon as I quit I get more of the same elicenser dialogs "Application ‘HALion Sonic Content Set GM’ has caused the following error:

Application not registered
then have to click through the same dialog for every installed Library
Deep Sigh …

What version did you upgrade from?
Does that version still work?

Hippo

Make sure you have the latest version of elicenser software installed. Then run it as administrator and perform a maintenance task. When done close elicenser. Now start Cubase 10 and look if this solved the issue.

Yes it was the elicenser, again!!! - I have to say that I did do this when the crashes started and thought I had the most recent version but apparently not :neutral_face:
this has been a background niggle for months until today it became ridiculous and I guess they have updated in between - you would think there would be a bit more effort to notify users or auto update. Moaning over deep relief its all behaving as it should :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hmm spoke too soon
It seems my licenser is too old :open_mouth:

If you have the older version of the dongle it is really worth you getting the latest version. When I changed (a while a go now), I noticed a distinct improvement in performance.

Try changing usb ports for the dongle.
And if it is usb3 port now, try usb2. And vice versa.
If on a hub, try without.

Unfortunately the dongle has a lifetime limit. I had to buy a new dongle a few months ago when my old one was not working right.

Is that really a factual assertion?

That is the way it worked for me. It was Steinberg that told me over the phone that dongles don’t last forever.

I can sympathise with circleofsmoke. I have had the crashing on shutdown. I still have the inability to open two successive projects in Cubase 10, which by the way I have had since Cubase 8! The new dongle I purchased did not make any difference to these issues and to be frank I have given up telling Steinberg about the latter issue as they clearly don’t care, probably because not that many users complain about it or they can’t solve the issue. I have got used to closing down Cubase before loading another project. However the new dongle did solve the licensing errors I had.

I still love using Cubase 10, but i do wonder whether it has got so complicated that the coders are no longer in control. Funnily enough Cubase 10 has been pretty stable for me as long as I abide by these unwritten rules. It does make me laugh when we are asked to fill in a survey as to what new features we would like to see in a future version of Cubase. Let’s make it bigger and more complicated. Let’s add new things that can go wrong and add to the confusion. You know what? I would just like to be able to use Cubase as it was intended to be used. I would like fewer functions. Functions that worked as they are supposed to work. I would like less flash and more substance - goodbye Loop Mash - and a more streamlined and functional workflow. I get by just using what I need and wishing that I could deselect all the stuff I don’t want.

Yes I too have lost my mind. But often this is quite an interesting starting point for de-constructive creativity.