Im posting only when im pissed of big time...C7.05

updated from 7.03 to 70.05 today hoping for performance improvements.
cant open ANY of my projects anymore…
cubase crashing / freezing every time whatever project i try to load. restarted comp several times etc etc…
wtf… seriously…
how can i remove the .05 and go back to 7.03 please ??? i need to work!

Download 7.0.2 full install from steinberg.net, Then download 7.0.3.

(Just copy the url to the latest update file into the url field of your browser and replace 7.0.5 with 7.0.3. There are two instances to change.)

Delete Cubase 7.app and install 7.0.2, then update to 7.0.3.

Though I doubt that is the problem. If you didn’t start Cubase is safe mode, you should, or just move/rename the prefs folder. 7.0.5 is not so hosed that it would cause this issue, there’s something else at play.

there is efnatly nothing else in play.
i had all my stuff open 5 min before upgrading, upgraded and directyl after that i had the issues.
i just openned a smaller project again and it opened after about 15 min! waiting …
now it works partially because most of my vst connections are gone at least 4 plugins are not there anymore and i would have to find all the settings again…
this is the biggest headache ever… im working on a whole album if this is with all my tracks then saionara…
ill be fcked big time. i just realizie how big this risk is with cubase…i never feel safe with my work… can loose everything just in 1 day due to some stupid update…

btw what is safe mode?

seriously i get so angry at the moment, cant even describe it…
it doesnt load any of my plugins like subboom bass or pro53
i tried to add a new instrument subboom bass it just lodas for couple minutes and then nothing… WHat the hell is going on ??? I used this plugin in so many tracks , im screwed

Even with a complete empty project i cant load many of my plugins anymore ?! HELP!

Aloha H,

Play it safe
Sometimes things can get a little out of hand when corrupted or outdated application settings lead to lock-ups and other erratic program behavior. Perfect for troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis, Cubase includes a safe-start mode that allows you to disable custom preferences temporarily and restart Cubase with its factory settings.

{‘-’}