Import Midi - Piano Bass Cliff

Hi there, I want to import a Midi-File to a Piano Instrument. But the very deep notes are always written in the normal cliff not the Bass Cliff. How can I make some kind of ‚Border‘ where the for example every note deeper than A2 ist automatically written in the Bass cliff?

Hallo Leute, Ich würde gerne ein Midi File in die App importieren. Es ist aber so, dass ich für das Piano beim Midi File nur eine Spur habe. Wenn ich dieses Midi File jetzt imporitere, ist sowohl die recht als auch die linke Hand im Violinschlüssel der Pianospur geschrieben. Der Bassschlüssel bleibt einfach leer. Ich hätte aber gerne, dass tiefere Noten automatisch in den Bassschlüssel der Pianosheet geschrieben werden. Wie kann ich das einstellen, ohne dass ich Manuell 500 Noten markieren und kopieren muss? Vielen Dank für euere Hilfe

Welcome to the forum, @Naitor-X. Are you using Dorico Pro, Dorico Elements or Dorico SE? What version of Dorico are you using? Version 4.0, or 3.5, or another version?

You may find this earlier post helpful:

I use the paid (subscription) ipad version. Thank you, but No unfortunately that does not help.

Do you have the option to ensure that the MIDI file has a track name of “Piano” before you import it into Dorico?

Yes i renamed the track to Piano, exported it from Cubasis as a midi file, still the same problem. I changed the instrument inside cubasis to Acoustic Piano (microsonic) and it calls the track inside dorico „microsonic“,… now when i change the Auv3 instrument inside Cubasis to „Pure Piano“ (not a a midi standrd instrument) then it recognizes the track as a piano track… thats a bug if you ask me…

Thanks for letting me know about this. I’ll try this myself and see whether I can figure out why a piano track from Cubasis isn’t recognised correctly by Dorico.

1 Like