import mixdown on same track option

Import mixdown on same track option. When doing a mixdown with multiple cycle markers, the imported mixes are always on separate tracks. It would be great if there was an option in the mixdown window to choose import onto one track.

Dean

That bugged me for a while, but I have gotten used to not importing mixes into the project automatically, and then grabbing them all from the audio folder, dropping them all in at once, and selecting “on one track”.

Yeah, it’s not the answer to your wish-- but a way of sort of getting there…

Chewy

What I usually do is just drag them one by one up to the first new track and hold control to lock them in place. It doesn’t take long but I think it might be faster than importing them onto a track and having to snap them each to their proper location.

Dean

Doing as I do, then selecting the whole track and choosing “move to origin” will do the whole thing in one (well, almost one) fell swoop. At least it handles all the files at once. Make sense?

Chewy

Right, move to origin.

Thanks

Dean

I can almost, in my feeble logistical mind, picture a macro that would do all of that stuff for you in one shot. Almost.

I bet there’s someone out there who could figure it out…

Chewy